Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I don't have a garage or carport to park my jeep under/in, I have a softtop on it and it does leak a little around the doors. Should I buy a carport to park in or, spend the money on some mods, like bumpers, 2" lift, spare tire and rim to match the other 4, aftermarket radio or, cold air intake? I think the smart thing would be to get a carport, so that snow wont pile up on the softtop in the winter and may keep some of the rain out but, I really want to start on some mods. Thanks for any advice.

Attachments

·
Registered
7 Posts
I don't know what kind of weather you really get but a cheap car port may not really support a large snow pile up, and for a solid car port you are probably out about the same as a hard top for that thing.

It looks like you may just be able to do a canvas pitch mounted to the wall and get your jeep out of the snow from the picture though.

Your rear tire is only an issue if you are in 4WD, if you have a rear tire issue and actually need your 4wd you will be swapping a front tire to your rear and putting the spare up front.

As far as where to start with mods....that antenna would be the first thing to go in my book, followed by some stock used Rubicon rockers for a budget build.

I PERSONALLY wouldn't recommend going with a 2 inch lift, if you are lifting, then a 3+ inch lift is probably the way you want to go if you intend to put 35s on and want some actual flex. That is just an opinion though.

You can pick up all the basic amazon mods for pretty cheap if you want them, grab bars, antennas, hood cowl armor, door handle inserts, etc.

The first thing you should do though is asses what you actually do with that thing, if you ride trails, rockers, and under armor is a real priority and the stock stuff is everywhere online for real cheap.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for the info. I live in Southwest Virginia, the last few winters have not been bad but, I have seen snow up to 3' here. I will definitely look into some jeep covers.

I'm definitely getting rid of that antenna next. I plan on going to the Jeep Invasion in Pigeon Forge in a couple weeks and picking up an antenna if nothing else. Maybe even a front bumper.

I don't plan on trail riding much but do like the looks of rocksliders.

I guess im just concerned about snow sitting on the softtop for a period of time and leaking through it.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts