Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
long time lurker but first time I couldn't get a definitive answer from reading here. Just replaced 2" coil spacers for 4" suspension lift and have a jks 1.25" body lift kit staring back at me. I just bought these 33x12.5x15 and don't plan on going any bigger anytime soon. I am 75% road driver with 2-3 weekends at the trail per month.

should I forgo the body lift or go ahead and throw it on to get that little bit extra tire travel. thanks in advance

·
Registered
665 Posts
I'm assuming that pic is the way it sits now? I would leave it alone. It sits nice in my book.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I'm assuming that pic is the way it sits now? I would leave it alone. It sits nice in my book.
That is how it sits minus the body lift, 4" suspension lift on 33s. Supposed to do body lift on Sunday but I'm still on the fence.

Thanks for your reply

·
Registered
665 Posts
What rim's are those? They look like ion's, but not as shinny. I like that look.

·
Registered
665 Posts
Looks great. That is the look I want. My TJ is Sienna Pearl. I have been looking, and either too shinny or too black.

·
Registered
150 Posts
No need for the body lift unless you plan on doing a tummy tuck or want more travel. IMO it looks pretty great right now and I would leave it just make sure your bump stops are the proper length so you don't hurt anything.

·
Mostly old school..!
12,149 Posts
If you cycle your suspension, you will probably find that your shocks will be the limiting factor in the amount of tire travel. The body lift will not make a difference because the bump stops will be set up to not bottom out the shocks before the tires hit the fenders with the current set up if this was all part of a kit.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Bump stops were all part of the lift kit so I'm assuming they were set up correctly, it was done at an offroad business. Looking like I will hang on to the bl and just go out next weekend to see if it works fine or not. Thanks guys

1 - 9 of 9 Posts