Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of September's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know there are a ton of posts on rubicon vrs sport. I understand the differences, my question is for the rubicon owners out there. During the winter are you happy with the open diff/ locker/bld combo or do you sometimes wish you had limited slip diff. please base answers only on winter driving. Are you satisfied with it in the snow/ ice or is it sketchy?

·
Registered
519 Posts
I find. With frozen ground(grassy/dirt) And like 2-3 inches of snow. When they ain't locked it hops around and slips a bit. Locked up it is pritty good though. Def not doin any high speed driving in the snow anyway. So does pritty decent. Just put some weight in the back n ur alright.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks I appreciate the reply. We here in Missouri don't get that bad of winters, but I just want to make a good choice.

·
Registered
2,086 Posts
I'm in KC and never had to use my lockers in the snow. I've never had the need to use 4lo in the snow.

·
Retired Mod
11,136 Posts

·
Registered
327 Posts
BFG AT's are alot better in snow and ice than the Mud tires. I wouldn't own any other tires where I live here in MI.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts