Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So i just met with a potential seller for a '04 unlimited car.. and man, i get a weird vibe.

first, when i spoke to him the first time, I asked for the VIN number.. he tells me he doesn't know it... which was fishy to begin with.

the second time i spoke to him, he tells me that i heard wrong and that he does know it.. and includes the fact that the car has been in an accident before.

third, i just test drove it.. and mind you it's my first time driving a wrangler... and it felt nice, but some things just didn't feel right.

he tells me that there's no power steering in wranglers
. true or false?

then i saw that his trunk door key is loose, and he then tells me that someone broke into his car to steal his back seat!!! so not only did he neglect to tell me that the vehicle was in an accident the first time... he forgot to tell me that he doesn't have the back seats and it's been broken into before. oh, and no car alarm.... not looking good so far...

any tips, advices? i dont think i'm even going to look up the car on carfax, or etc... just wanted to hear from some experts on used wrangler buying..

·
Registered
4,109 Posts
Here is your problem. Wranglers are not cars and it sounds like you are looking for a car.

·
Registered
401 Posts
Regardless of anything else, the dude sounds too fishy for me to want to do any kind of business with. I say bail, there are plenty of other Wranglers out there.

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
well regardless of what i want, i guess i was looking for a more constructive advice. so i guess wranglers are not equipped with power steering?

i'm being open minded to all this - i've never had a wrangler before and am very curious about it.

thanks work4mud, i was feeling the same.. just wanted to hear from someone else too.

·
Registered
53 Posts
Don't look back while running away, far away. Too many problems out of the blocks. It took me about 15 jeeps before I found the one, continue your search.

Cheers
Daryl B.

·
Administrator
12,622 Posts
Yes wranglers have power steering. all 97 and up models have it standard. oh a run from that one. Tons of good one's out there.

·
Registered
14,065 Posts
Wranglers have power steering.

I would stay away from this one. You can find plenty of other nice Wranglers for sale.

X2--It is a Jeep not a car.

·
Registered
413 Posts
Yea, it took me about 2 months to find the right one. And very happy now!!! Found an 02 with 27K original miles!!! Garage kept, original top... Have had for about 2 months now. The right one will come along.

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
nice! thanks guys, i really appreciate all the advices. I knew something was fishy about this guy. will post when i find the right one for me.

·
Registered
864 Posts
If you call me on the phone and ask for the Vin number I also will tell you I don,t know it . Can you tell me the vin number of your car/truck off hand ??

Then you say it's my first time driving a wrangler Then you say some things just didn't feel right. (Compared to what)

Like has been said keep looking lots of Wranglers for sale .

BANGER

·
Jeeper
11,419 Posts
Everything that's been said, and they don't come with alarms either...... :cool: Just so you know....

·
Registered
1,468 Posts
They do have power steering. He does sound like he's hiding something.
It does sound like you may want to reconsider buying a Wrangler. You might benefit from browsing a few Jeep Forums, and seeing what people are doing / putting up with / fixing on, to, and with their Jeeps. It could be that the Jeep is exactly what you want, and it could be that a Wrangler may not fit your needs.
Keep in mind that security is minimal when it comes to a Jeep, especially if it has a soft top. A thief is only a boxcutter away from anything you leave inside your Jeep.

...Just food for thought...

1 - 13 of 13 Posts