Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My local dealer has 2015 with the new 4" moparlift kit. I don't really need it that high. But the wife love the looks and it's priced right. Any reason not to get it? 2.5" lift would be better but this one have the options we like and is ready to go

Please advise

·
Registered
393 Posts
I can't tell if there is a reason not to get it based on the photo. But the fact it has a 4" Mopar lift is not a reason to stay away.

It would look nicer with bigger tires.

·
Registered
1,104 Posts
I am by no means as knowledgable as others on here. What I do know is that a 4 inch lift package from a dealer may be overpriced. Also, if you're gonna put 35's on it (which it needs with 4 inches at least) what gears are on it? If it's a Sahara I would think at best 3.73's. Pretty much what I'm saying is to do it right you're gonna buy it and then drop another few grand into it making various upgrades to accommodate the 4 inch lift and bigger tires. Cool jeep though, your choice.

·
Registered
1,104 Posts
I am by no means as knowledgable as others on here. What I do know is that a 4 inch lift package from a dealer may be overpriced. Also, if you're gonna put 35's on it (which it needs with 4 inches at least) what gears are on it? If it's a Sahara I would think at best 3.73's. Pretty much what I'm saying is to do it right you're gonna buy it and then drop another few grand into it making various upgrades to accommodate the 4 inch lift and bigger tires. Cool jeep though, your choice.
But your picture is a rubicon. Eh what do I know, I say go for it. 1 jeep is better than 0 jeeps. There that was easy

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
It has the 4:10 in it. As for price they have a pretty good deal on it right now. Basically no charge for the install

·
Super Moderator
15,377 Posts
That's not the Mopar 4" lift, that's the Stage III 3" lift. Notice the Fox dual resi shocks and the speedbumps.
Lift cost around $2400 retail plus install labor.

·
Registered
1,279 Posts
Get it and try it. If you don't like it, I'll trade you even for mine with just a 2" lift and 33's!:cool:

·
Registered
669 Posts
44k 0% interest.
wow.. ok. not a great price.. but not terrible..

what options does it have..
I paid 37k for a fully loaded Hard Rock Rubicon JKU..
so if you add the 2400 for the lift and 1k for the lift install.. which you could really say 2k for the lift (they will still make a good size profit on the lift itself) and 1k for the install..

40k would be a good price.. up to 41k but that is what I would hold at..
you are in a different state.. the 0 percent interest is a good deal too...

JMHO.. good luck with whatever you do.. hope it is a good deal for you...

definition of a good deal..

a deal that you are happy with no matter what anyone else says..

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
In N cal most dealers I looked at only have fully loaded jeeps and dont want to deal. This one has all the option ext leather and upgraded head unit which I don't want. Going with the Alpine jeep 9" unit and after marker leather. If you know of a n cal sf area that will deal let me know

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Since with tax would be 48k sticker is 41500. I was going to offer 44,500 out the door and see what they say.
wow.. ok. not a great price.. but not terrible..

what options does it have..
I paid 37k for a fully loaded Hard Rock Rubicon JKU..
so if you add the 2400 for the lift and 1k for the lift install.. which you could really say 2k for the lift (they will still make a good size profit on the lift itself) and 1k for the install..

40k would be a good price.. up to 41k but that is what I would hold at..
you are in a different state.. the 0 percent interest is a good deal too...

JMHO.. good luck with whatever you do.. hope it is a good deal for you...

definition of a good deal..

a deal that you are happy with no matter what anyone else says..

·
Registered
669 Posts
Since with tax would be 48k sticker is 41500. I was going to offer 44,500 out the door and see what they say.
sounds like a reasonable offer ...

just remember you can always go up but you can never go back down...

and always be willing to walk away.. they will call you..
and the closer to the end of the month or end of the year (September is the beginning of the new car year).. the more they need to deal.
and once the 16's come out the price of the 15's will come down even more..

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
ktwillys what state are you in? how long ago did you get your hard rock? its sounds like you got a great deal

1 - 20 of 20 Posts