Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
212 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well, it took a week for all this stuff to come in and for me to put it on. Very happy with the job Discount Tire, and Quadratec does. All my stuff came in a few short days.

Removed the Tera Flex leveling kit and install the AEV lift. Strait forward, and for me about a 5 hour job. I also did the geo control arm brackets.

This morning the new wheels and tires came UPS. Ordered on Wed, got them today. WOW that fast...

I broke down one side and installed my TPMS, air them back up and put them on..

Here's the result..

Old jeep...

NEW JEEP!!!!

·
Registered
351 Posts
I like it, nice job looks good. How much lift difference is there between the leveling kit and the AEV kit? I assume its the 2.5 kit.

·
Registered
133 Posts
Soooooo, what-cha planning on doing with that leveling kit you just removed? I may be interested in taking it off your hands.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Looks great! That's the same setup I've decided on.

I'm worried about clearance for a front diff cover (probably Riddler) using the stock track bar. Does it look like the lift moves it enough?

·
Registered
975 Posts
Smitty looks great will you post back with ride results and differences from level kit? Thanks:thumb:

·
Registered
212 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Soooooo, what-cha planning on doing with that leveling kit you just removed? I may be interested in taking it off your hands.
The guy who bought the wheels bought the leveling kit. Sorry..
Looks great.

What is the back spacing on your wheels?
The wheels are 9" wide with a -12 off set.

I just finished it up, and had to leave for work. Only took it around the block so a road test is in order.

I will post up this weekend on the ride.

Smitty

·
Registered
212 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
After a hundred or so miles I have to say.. WOW, my Jeep drives better than in stock trim. Before with the leveling kit it was a bit twitchie, and a handful on rough, uneven roads. I was a bit worried about the shocks being to stiff, but so far I'm digging it.

I am very happy with the results of my new lift, and wheels and tires.

Thanks everyone for the advice.. All is good..

Smitty

·
Registered
1,566 Posts
I have this same set up on my JKU I love it. Great lift and the tires are really great.

·
Registered
108 Posts
Sharp rig! When you get a few miles on it please let us know how does both on and off road.

·
Registered
199 Posts
That looks awesome!

·
Registered
212 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
What tires were you running before? Looks great, enjoy!
I had 285-70-17 Nitto Terra Grapplers.. New shoes are G Y Dura Trac's 315-70-70.

I'm very happy with the new rubber, and they are very quiet.

Smitty

·
Registered
576 Posts
I had 285-70-17 Nitto Terra Grapplers.. New shoes are G Y Dura Trac's 315-70-70.

I'm very happy with the new rubber, and they are very quiet.

Smitty
Where did you find 70" rims to go with those 70" tires??? :eek:

·
Registered
212 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Where did you find 70" rims to go with those 70" tires??? :eek:
It was very tough, it took several months for Omar the wheel maker to custom forge those 70 inchers... :rofl:

Thanks for the proof read...

Smitty:facepalm:

1 - 20 of 20 Posts