1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
199 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Registered
715 Posts
I installed the same lift and couldn't be more pleased. Only other thing I would suggest is get a set of rear sway bar links (of the correct length for a lifted rear) and move the OEM rears to the front. Those link brackets that come with the kit for the front are not optimal.

John

·
Registered
2,819 Posts
We have this kit on my JK, and my sons JKUWW.
It handles and rides better than stock.
We did use rear swaybar links on the front instead of the brackets. the barackets work fine, but we didn't care for the look.
Great kit, I would not hesitate to buy again!

·
Registered
103 Posts
I installed the same lift and couldn't be more pleased. Only other thing I would suggest is get a set of rear sway bar links (of the correct length for a lifted rear) and move the OEM rears to the front. Those link brackets that come with the kit for the front are not optimal.

John
What name brand and or length works for the rear sway bar links? I saw a set of synergy links for 100 dollars, but they state that they are for a 3-4.5 inch lift.

·
Registered
1,542 Posts
While not 100 percent needed I added a teraflex monster front track bar. It centered the very slightly off center axle and firmed up the handling in front. It's a very noticeable upgrade in my opinion.

·
Registered
99 Posts
+1 on the front Track Bar to center the axle. If the primary use is going to be your DD and you wont be doing much if any rock crawling this Kit will will be perfect for you.

·
Premium Member
310 Posts
What name brand and or length works for the rear sway bar links? I saw a set of synergy links for 100 dollars, but they state that they are for a 3-4.5 inch lift.
I used the Rough Country;

Rough Country Rear Sway Bar Endlinks for 2.5" Lifts - RC-1134

Can't go wrong for $25. These have been on my Jeep for about a year and so far have held up well. I did use the OEM rear sway bar links for the front and got ride of the AEV brace thing.

Also x2 on the suggestion for an adjustable front track bar. As stated in a previous post, it is not necessary but it does center the Jeep and in my case the steering feels better (a little tighter).

·
Registered
612 Posts
I got the Terraflex Monster for my initial install, and ended up ditching the sway bar brackets for JKS disconnects last week. Ride is amazing!

·
Registered
6,406 Posts
My Jeep is also my daily driver and I do not rock crawl. Just trailing for me when taking it off road. I just installed this lift with the geo correction brackets (but nothing else added) and it drives great. I've had a couple other lifts (TF and RK 2.5's) in the past on my previous JKU, and this one feels closest to stock. Was worth every penny. :thumb: :)

1 - 10 of 10 Posts