Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
installing this in the next week when it comes in, just wondering if anyone has done this instal themself and what to expect if there was any complications or certain tools that would have made the job easier. any info would be nice.

im putting it on my 2015 2 door sport, i can do it in my garage with 4 ton pump jacks or go to my buddies diesel shop and throw it on the hoist but id rather do it at home.

thanks guys

·
Super Moderator
53,784 Posts
Search for Any of the TF Lift installs on YouTube. Very thorough and funny too :)

I would recommend 6 ton stands at min. If you can use a lift .. Go for it. I can't stress this enough .. Loosen all 16 CA bolts and 4 TB Bolts. Mount tires or raise axles to ride height (using a lift) Give the jeep a good shake and torque everything up.

Save the rear bumpstops for last. Easier to get to the Control arm bolts when torquing.

Also .. Make sure all brake lines, ABS lines and rear parking brake (hard line) is free when dropping the axles.

Take your time and be safe.

·
Registered
483 Posts
Just did this a few weeks ago. A few tips from memory:

- Read all installation instructions front to back several times.

- Break off all the plastic ribs around the passenger side shock mount with a pair of vice grips. It's the only way you're gonna be able to get in there with an allen key on the Bilsteins.

- You'll need a buddy to help you get the springs seated and oriented while lifting the axles back into place.

- Some of the wheel speed sensor pushpins will have to be removed from the frame to lower the axles low enough to put the springs in.

- Removing the front brake line brackets can be a bitch. Remove the wheel speed sensor pushpins before you try to pry the bracket open.

- Rear brake lines will need to be bent slightly to keep them from rubbing on the frame, even with reloc brackets.

- IIRC, I had to install the rear springs before I installed the track bar tower, it was the only way the springs would go in. The instructions have these steps reversed.

·
Registered
7 Posts
I installed that lift a couple of months ago. I'm not mechanically inclined and I got through it just fine. The only part I remember really giving me a hard time was the top bolt on the front shocks. But that may have been because I didn't want to cut a hole in the plastic guard above it like a lot of people do.

I used a jack and 4 - 4 ton jack stands and managed. But man do I wish I could have used a lift. Would have been so much easier.

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Awesome guys thanks for the helpful tips, looks like I'll be throwing her up in the hoist. Not like a performance diesel shop couldn't use a jeep to make it look good in there for a day

1 - 5 of 5 Posts