Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Narrowing it down to a budget boost for my JKU as I am most interested in looks and (dare I say) have no intention of hardcore (or any) offroading. Are there are material differences between the AEV 2" spacer kit or the Teraflex leveling kit?

Also, do I need to replace the steering stabilizer? Shop is saying that I should in connection with installing the lift.

Thanks

·
Premium Member
12,478 Posts
They'll both work. There's no need to replace the SS. :thumb:

·
Premium Member
1,132 Posts
Think about it first .........

Narrowing it down to a budget boost for my JKU as I am most interested in looks and (dare I say) have no intention of hardcore (or any) offroading. Are there are material differences between the AEV 2" spacer kit or the Teraflex leveling kit?

Also, do I need to replace the steering stabilizer? Shop is saying that I should in connection with installing the lift.

Thanks
--------

......... hard and l o n g :thumb: TOday you have no plan for real offroading, but the near future may change your mind:whistling: SO do some research and take your time, before making any lift purchase :angel:

·
Registered
916 Posts
I almost picked up the teraflex fromt and rear level kit today. Like one inch in the back and two up front

This just to take the rake out of the front and a little lift

Thinking 33"s with 15" wheels soon!!

·
Registered
991 Posts
I have the AEV 2" / no regrets.. mostly DD. The ride is unchanged.
took the rake out and looks good.. next step is some nice 33's

·
Registered
738 Posts
Pretty much all the same...I have TF because I trust the brand and have received great customer service.

·
Registered
916 Posts
Well any pictures of level kits installed guys??

That would be awsome!

Is the AEV also 1 inch in the back and 2 front?

·
Registered
113 Posts
Probably no different really but I'd personally prefer AEV.

Definitely do not need to change the SS.

You should get new shocks or at least shock adapters.

·
Registered
991 Posts
Well any pictures of level kits installed guys??

That would be awsome!

Is the AEV also 1 inch in the back and 2 front?
I have a pic for YA. I trusted AEV, my local Jeep dealer is AEV authorized and often sell new wrangler's with the 2.5 or 3.5" lift and 35's. after speaking with the AEV rep and the dealer, for my needs the 2" was perfect. I purchased online and installed myself ( bout 2hours, and no problems )

It did lift the back 1" and the front 2". The kit came with Shock adapters, which I will be eliminating after the winter whne I purchase some new shocks (likely either bilstein or Rancho )

Attachments

1 - 9 of 9 Posts