Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of September's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey there fellow jk owners i got a question for you, yesterday i notice a noise while going over some bumbs. under the front driverside wheel area, worried me so when i got home i notice my coil was bending (photo below)
and then i noticed that the suspension spacer i just installed not even 2 months ago looks like it it failing appart(by either crumbling or spiting(photo below)) any ways im pissed if because i cant drive it till i get a new one... will aev send me a new one in replace of that or is there a place i can order one so i can get it opperation asap? also will i need a new coil becasue of this?

2nd pic is what is suppose to look like

Attachments

·
Registered
823 Posts
My TF leveling kit did this on one side. The plastic spacer collapsed in an area and my spring didn't sit straight. It also made a weird noise whenever I turned and hit a bump. As long as it doesnt stay like that for too long i would assume the spring would be able to be used again. As for AEV sending you a new part, i'm not sure. I never even tried to get a new part for mine, I realized spacers were not the way I wanted to go, especially now that i've been wheeling more frequently so I just changed to a coil lift. Good luck! :thumb:

·
Registered
26,921 Posts
Contact AEV and provide them with the pics.

·
Registered
347 Posts
I don't know is he writing about just a spacer or leveling kit.
I have 2 inch AEV leveling kit installed. So far have only 1,000 ml on it and no issues.

·
Registered
26,921 Posts
I don't know is he writing about just a spacer or leveling kit.
I have 2 inch AEV leveling kit installed. So far have only 1,000 ml on it and no issues.
I believe you and the OP are talking about the same lift. The AEV 2" lift uses spacers.

·
Registered
26,921 Posts
Yes. Some call it leveling kit and some spacer kit. Bottom line - same chit.
I wonder who did install for him ?
Maybe something went wrong during the install ?
Perhaps he will provide more details. Maybe the AEV spacer and factory isolator weren't mated just right or maybe its a bad spacer?

·
I AM THERE4 I JEEP
12,295 Posts
I had a similar issue when I installed only a 3/4 spacer with the stock springs a few years ago. They bowed because I was also still using the stock sway links and it cause the springs to bow out like that.

·
Registered
26,921 Posts
I looked at his pics again and the sway bar links look longer than the stock front ones.
It seems he only has this issue on the driver's side.

·
I AM THERE4 I JEEP
12,295 Posts
Yea I saw that too then edited my post a few back.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts