Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Guys, if I had to choose between these 2 lifts, which one should I choose? I've read a lot of good things about the AEV (the ride is excellent, etc.) and that is very important to me, as it will be my daily driver, and I will be doing very little crawling. The only reason I'm even considering the Mopar is because my dealer is saying the Mopar won't affect the warranty, but the AEV will. I will be putting 35 inch tires/wheels as well, if that makes a difference. Putting cost aside (as I know neither of these are the most reasonable ones from a price perspective), and putting aside debates about whether the AEV would/would not void the warranty, which one will give me a better/smoother ride? I really appreciate any input!!!

·
Administrator
12,622 Posts
who makes the mopar? Doesn't AEV make those?

·
Registered
53 Posts
I would go with the AEV kit since it is more solid and they back their stuff; and its alot nicer on the road than the mopar.
I have ridden in vehicles that have both and preferred the AEV over the mopar. Their R&D department is much more thorough than mopar.
from what you are saying i think you would be happier with the AEV and it shouldn't effect your warranty unless you alter them severely.

They use that card so that you buy the mopar kit and they can make money of you; they tried to tell me that my AEV front bumper voided my warranty on the body since i used a non mopar product. So i asked them to show where in the warranty it states that. and they were not able to; and i got my free oil change. YES THIS WAS OVER MY FIRST FREE OIL CHANGE; it was my first and last at the dealership.

·
Registered
53 Posts
it is very likely that the mopar is made by aev... since the "mopar" bumpers and heat reduction hoods are also made by them...
But AEV's front bumpers are more solid, better looking, and more capable.

Dont know much about the hoods, but i am looking at the AEV hood

·
Registered
13 Posts
in the 2011 Mopar catalog it shows the AEV hood and bumper. they are the exact same but with the mopar markup. I tried to order a hood at wholesale price from my dealer and it was still more than getting it directly from AEV without a discount and wont be available till the end of jan if you place the order with mopar.

·
Registered
53 Posts
mooseknuckle3835 said:
in the 2011 Mopar catalog it shows the AEV hood and bumper. they are the exact same but with the mopar markup. I tried to order a hood at wholesale price from my dealer and it was still more than getting it directly from AEV without a discount and wont be available till the end of jan if you place the order with mopar.
Didn't know that dude. Good to know. I still have a problem with dealing with dealerships. I have yet to have a bad experience with aev. The only prob I had is that the box that the bumper came in was HUGE. But I would rather it be protected than come all scratched up and needs painting.

·
UConn Husky
546 Posts
When I checked with my dealership about the cost to intall a lift, they had never seen a Mopar lift but had installed several AEV and OME lifts (which is what I am looking at). I would go AEV if it were me.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts