Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,407 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Yes, I paid the extra money for the excellent bracket, good camera, flash module, etc. While most of the components are top shelf I had two problems with mine. There was a short in the backup light wire harness that came from AEV (this one held me up at least an hour looking for the short) and the six pin connector had two smashed pins that I had to reform, solder one, and super glue another. I guess mine was made on a bad day. All the rest of the components worked great especially the flash module. The bracket is excellent and the camera is bright and clear. I really cannot give you a good estimate of time spent on just this as I was also installing a CB antenna, antenna mount, and CB mount all at the same time. I would guess that for a rookie like me with no wiring problems like I had you could get this done in 4-6 hours.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Yes, I paid the extra money for the excellent bracket, good camera, flash module, etc. While most of the components are top shelf I had two problems with mine. There was a short in the backup light wire harness that came from AEV (this one held me up at least an hour looking for the short) and the six pin connector had two smashed pins that I had to reform, solder one, and super glue another. I guess mine was made on a bad day. All the rest of the components worked great especially the flash module. The bracket is excellent and the camera is bright and clear. I really cannot give you a good estimate of time spent on just this as I was also installing a CB antenna, antenna mount, and CB mount all at the same time. I would guess that for a rookie like me with no wiring problems like I had you could get this done in 4-6 hours.
SteedGun, I will be installing mine this weekend. Are the brake light led's as bright as the factory chmsl?

1 - 2 of 2 Posts