Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Premium Member
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2015 JKU Rubicon in Anvil. My end game is the following.....
AEV front bumper
Warns 10s Winch
AEV Hood
3.5 AEV Lift
AEV Wheels with 35s
AEV Rear bumper and tire carrier.

My questions are I am trying to break this up into 2 parts or maybe 3.

With the idea of spending $5k-$6K for phase 1 what should I get?

Phase 1:
1.front bumper - $1300
2.winch - $1200
3. 3.5" AEV lift $2000

Phase 2
1. Wheel and tires - $1500
2. Rear bumper and tire carrier $2000

Phase 3
1. Hood

If I wait on the wheels how goofy will it look with the stock Rubicon wheels and tires on it?

All opinions welcome.

·
Registered
36 Posts
I have a 2015 JKU Rubicon in Anvil. My end game is the following.....
AEV front bumper
Warns 10s Winch
AEV Hood
3.5 AEV Lift
AEV Wheels with 35s
AEV Rear bumper and tire carrier.

My questions are I am trying to break this up into 2 parts or maybe 3.

With the idea of spending $5k-$6K for phase 1 what should I get?

Phase 1:
1.front bumper - $1300
2.winch - $1200
3. 3.5" AEV lift $2000

Phase 2
1. Wheel and tires - $1500
2. Rear bumper and tire carrier $2000

Phase 3
1. Hood

If I wait on the wheels how goofy will it look with the stock Rubicon wheels and tires on it?

All opinions welcome.

If it was me, I would probably swap in wheels/tires and atleast tire carrier (maybe add rear bumper later which you can do with the AEV stuff) and swap out winch and front bumper first. This way, you will have the total suspension/tire/wheel part of it finished and the tire carrier to hold the larger spare. You actually cannot run the stock rubicon wheels on the AEV 3.5" without spacers, so that would just be another unnecessary cost if you wanted to move tires/wheels to phase 2 :)

·
Premium Member
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Good point on the wheels and tires and correct I was wrong about the price. That is more like $2500.

Sounds like tires and lift are the best phase 1 approach.

I am hoping I maybe be able to sell my Rubicon wheels and tires to help offset some of the costs.

·
Registered
2,261 Posts
Good point on the wheels and tires and correct I was wrong about the price. That is more like $2500.

Sounds like tires and lift are the best phase 1 approach.

I am hoping I maybe be able to sell my Rubicon wheels and tires to help offset some of the costs.
You can also shop for used bumpers + carrier and cut that cost in half depending on your negotiating skills and time frame.

·
Registered
167 Posts
^^^that's how I ended up going.

A week after buying my Jeep I found someone on CL asking to swap my stock bumpers for his AEV front/rear bumpers for $800 and I was there that night. Then added the Tire Carrier. Then went Lift and had the stock Rubi's on for a couple weeks while the tires/wheels were arriving. It looked goofy with the 2" lift but not horrible and rode decent enough but then the 35's on Savegres arrived and it rides better than stock.

·
Premium Member
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I am going with a big phase one of lift, wheels, tires, and rear bumper and tire carrier. I will post pics when I get it done.

·
Premium Member
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
And now phase 1 expands. Lift, wheels & tires, front bumper, rear bumper, and tire carrier.
Phase 2 will be a winch and hood.

So much for spreading it out.

Thanks for all the advice.

·
Registered
1,514 Posts
You might save some $$$ by going 2.5" on the AEV. You'll be able to run 35's still with the right offset (or wheel spacers). I find that there are extra hassles and $$$ going 3.5" and up... but... it depends on what you want.

·
Registered
776 Posts
I have the same jeep but in white and I went with the following:

1st:
AEV 2.5'' lift with Bilstein 5100's
Teraflex front adj HD trac bar
AEV Geo Brackets
35's Duratracs
BMF Wheels
Teraflex Hinge carrier

2nd:
AEV Front Bumper with Hoop
AEV Winch mount
AEV Skid Plate
Warn Zeon 8S winch
AEV Rear Bumper

Hope this helps. If installing the bumpers yourself, let me know if you have any questions.

·
Premium Member
352 Posts
I installed 3.5 AEV and waited a few weeks before I got wheels/tires. My suggestion would to do them together. Personally, I didn't like the look of the lift on stock wheels/tires. Especially with no spacers. Ha.

·
Registered
710 Posts
You could save a good deal and do just as well with the Teraflex hinged spare carrier. Plus, you won't lose the right ow hook.

·
Registered
147 Posts
Good grief those AEV rears are over priced. Looks good though man. Are you planning to use any wheels spacers or just sticking with the stock pintler backspacing.?

1 - 20 of 20 Posts