Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

21 - 26 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
727 Posts
Bolts kept coming loose with my AEV cover and Lubelocker. I eventually put a small dab of blue Locktite on each bolt and that stopped them from working loose.

·
Registered
406 Posts
An update: I initially went the lower end of torque specs, but about a month or two ago, had a very small couple of gear oil drips in my garage. Went to the torque max of 22 ft/lb and took care of the problem. I need to swap out my front, and will start there. Recommend the same if anyone uses the LubeLocker.
I wanted to use the Lube Lockers but I had heard that this was an issue with the AEV diff covers.

·
Premium Member
2,452 Posts
Discussion Starter #23
Just an update. I did my JLUR about five months ago and the AEV diff covers have been great. Only one off road so far and it was not much more than dirt and bumps so no real test. Love the looks.

·
Registered
24 Posts
I just swapped out my G2 cover to this AEV yesterday. Looks super nice and one heavy piece. Odd though, I only got in 1 3/4 quarts of RP 75w140 before it started coming out the appropriate measure opening. It says it’s supposed to be to Chrysler specs, but I thought that was like 2 1/4 quarts? Yes I was on level ground before you ask. Anyone else with this issue?

I as well have that issue with the oil quantity, I contacted AEV but I didn't get a satisfactory answer. I'm assuming those fill holes are for a non lifted wranglers and depending on the lift it will take less due to the diff no longer being level and the fill holes are now pointing downwards. I just disregarded the fill holes and I added the recommended oil quantity from the large fill port. I'm sure if you jack up the wrangler so the diff gets level again the fill holes would be fine.

·
Registered
174 Posts
Good to know. I'm coming up on a year, so I planned to make this a yearly swap especially considering the rear diff is notorious for turning gear oil black in short periods of time. I figure the stuff is cheap enough, doesn't hurt to drain and fill. I'm going to do the same as you guys and just fill to Jeep specs and disregard the measurement holes. Less stuff to turn too.

·
Registered
3,040 Posts
They definitely are one of the nicest covers out there.
it's a shave AEV rips you off so much for them.

21 - 26 of 26 Posts