Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
208 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am interested to see if anyone running full set of skid plates (rock hard) is also running the AEV differential skid plate, and if they had to do modification ?

I checked with AEV, they said they haven't done any testing and are not sure.

I don't want to run the RC or Rancho option where part of the load goes on the bolts. AEV distributes the load on the housing.

·
Premium Member
1,285 Posts
Not running it but can't see where you would have any issues. Should be plenty of clearance - not even sure where there might be an issue with the axle slider and skids. Just my $.02 and a bump for anyone with specifics. Good luck.

·
Registered
360 Posts
Not running it but can't see where you would have any issues. Should be plenty of clearance - not even sure where there might be an issue with the axle slider and skids. Just my $.02 and a bump for anyone with specifics. Good luck.
I have a Rubicon and I am just running factory skids plus the AEV front skid and the the AEV rear differential slider. I don't see where there could be any interfernce with aftermarket skids but I don't know for sure. I love extra protection of the rear slider but I got a great deal on it. I paid $60 for a used one.

:iamhappy:

·
Registered
910 Posts
I'm not running those brands but I do have the RC fuel skid and RC rear axle skid which is very similar to the aev skid. I did trim the front part down (narrower) a little because I figured it might hit at full articulation if a side force was added. Easy to do with a sawzall and smooth the edges with a grinder.

·
Registered
910 Posts

not a good pic but it might help. It's actually a straight cut but thicker on the end so it looks wavy.

·
Registered
607 Posts
I've got the AEV rear diff skid and highly recommend it. That actually means something as I generally can stand the prices of the AEV stuff. Give me a minute and I'll post some pics, but I also have the Rancho one for the front and it totally rocks (or slides over them well).

·
Registered
607 Posts
Here are a couple I took.

At install:

The Rancho one really does a good job:

I couldn't find any others of the AEV one getting hit, but this is a bit of one:

·
Registered
208 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thanks all for posting the pictures....which gas tank skid plates do you have with the AEV diff skid plates

·
Registered
910 Posts
I have the rough country fuel tank skid. and the rugged ridge evap skid. no complaints on either one.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts