Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
403 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am interested in changing out my factory front bumper with a new one. I like what AEV has to offer with the "factory" look and winch mount. This being said are there any other brands/models I should look at with similar qualities?

Where is the cheapest place for AEV product?

·
Registered
820 Posts
First responder! IMHO there isn't any other bumper that gives you the "factory" look like the AEV... Other than the 10A/Hard Rock bumper. All the rest look like a high school shop project to me. There are no deals on AEV stuff. It usually comes down to shipping costs. I use Northridge 4x4 because after shipping costs were factored in they were the best deal for me. Another place to check is the AEV website forum. They have a used parts section where sometimes you can find decent bargains

·
Registered
1,889 Posts
First responder! IMHO there isn't any other bumper that gives you the "factory" look like the AEV... Other than the 10A/Hard Rock bumper. All the rest look like a high school shop project to me. There are no deals on AEV stuff. It usually comes down to shipping costs. I use Northridge 4x4 because after shipping costs were factored in they were the best deal for me. Another place to check is the AEV website forum. They have a used parts section where sometimes you can find decent bargains
I agree, plus they are not overly heavy and have a durable finish.

·
Registered
403 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thx and what winches fit? Is Warn the only way to go or are there other great option to fit the bumper?

·
Registered
118 Posts
Thx and what winches fit? Is Warn the only way to go or are there other great option to fit the bumper?[/QUOTE]

20150520_122942 (1).jpg

I went with the XRC from SmityBuilt; works and fits just fine for me. 12000 lb with Syn rope around $500 .

:iamhappy:

·
Registered
403 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
How does the Smittybuilt compare to the Warn or other brands? I am not a hard core off road guy so was curious. I see the warn is like 1300.00.

·
Premium Member
1,188 Posts
Honestly the Smittybilt will probably work fine...I don't intend on using my winch very much, but when I do I want to make sure it works (sounds like a Dos Equis commercial). Warn is made in the U.S.A. and is about the best of the best. You are not buying cheap bumpers, or a cheap vehicle. Don't skimp on the winch.

Attachments

·
Registered
820 Posts
Just to pile on with a vote for Warn. It would probably pay for the difference the first time the cheaper one didn't work. Also installing a winch is something I only wanted to do once

·
Registered
403 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Thx for the input.

·
Registered
820 Posts
Another thought on a Warn winch... And certainly not saying others wouldn't serve you purpose just fine.... But a Warn probably does add a bit of extra resale or would at least be sellable if you removed it (and be worthy of transferring to another vehicle) Others not so much

·
Registered
776 Posts

·
Registered
340 Posts
I just installed my AEV rear last night and the front bumper today. Couldn't be happier with the look and fit.

As for the cheapest place to buy... AEV will not let any of their distributors discount their products. So, the only way to save if buying used or buying from a place you can pick up in person and not pay for shipping. My local Jeep dealer is a distributor for AEV so I wen there and paid no shipping. The boxes were too big to fiti in n the back of the jeep even with seats down so they drove them the 20 miles to my house for free and dropped them off.

Good luck!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts