Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
186 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
it seems there have been several recent threads regarding the AEV hood. i bit the bullet yesterday and ordered it from quadratec.

now i am trying to decide what to do about the rubicon sticker. the options i have come up with are listed below. any thoughts/opinions would be appreciated.

1. no sticker. keep the hood clean.

2. order a replacement RUBICON sticker in BLACK from pixeldecals.com which is made to fit the AEV hood and looks stock.

3. order a replacement RUBICON sticker in ROYAL BLUE from pixeldecals.com which is made to fit the AEV hood.

4. have custom RENEGADE hood sticker and SIDE STRIPES made in varying shades of BLUE or GRAY/BLACK. this is what i am leaning towards. i am also thinking of painting a set of steel wheels white.

here is how she sits now:

and here are a few inspiration pics:

Attachments

·
Really liking the Jeep...
1,956 Posts
Tough call.
The Rubi is what she is, but there is a certain coolness to throwing it out there too.

Personally I'm leaning towards no stickers at all on mine at some point, except for the one on the back that says "don't follow me, you won't make it"! ;)

·
Registered
9,914 Posts
:whistling: I'm a little old fashioned--You payed for the Rubi, so

Show your pride and get the BLACK Rubi sticker and CAREFULLY installit !

:dance::rofl: JIMBO

·
Premium Member
627 Posts
No sticker or Rubi sticker.

·
Registered
151 Posts
Keep it with no sticker, and really mess them up when they try to follow a "stock sport model" up the trail.....

That won't work either, unless you get totally radical, else the sport WILL follow you, with no problems

·
Registered
186 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
well...i think the leave it clean, no sticker is the winner. i'll leave it that way for a while and reassess.

i still am a fan of the idea of a retro JK with an old school renegade look.

·
Registered
1,430 Posts
heh, personally i'd get a rubi sticker just so people dont think youre driving a sahara. shoot, i was trying to figure out at first why your sahara has a rubi sticker! :hide:

·
Registered
1,258 Posts
Classic black. When you order from qtec does it bolt right up or is do you have to try and line it up and fit it to the jeep?

·
Registered
39 Posts
Kelsey73 said:
Classic black. When you order from qtec does it bolt right up or is do you have to try and line it up and fit it to the jeep?
Both... Some adjustment is needed. But, it's easy enough to do yourself.

·
Registered
60 Posts
I vote for a Sahara sticker. If I change my hood I doubt I'd put another sticker on it, if I did it might be something personalized. Personal preference I guess

·
Registered
1,258 Posts
efryday said:
Both... Some adjustment is needed. But, it's easy enough to do yourself.
Thanks! Been looking at one if these and was curious. Since you're not removing the hinges from the jeep wasn't sure.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts