Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
279 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Curious, I was told that AEV does not make their own stuff, but that they have Superlift do their lifts. Not sure if this a true statement? But I was under the impression that AEV made their own??? So whats the verdict?

·
Super Moderator
16,381 Posts
Curious, I was told that AEV does not make their own stuff, but that they have Superlift do their lifts. Not sure if this a true statement? But I was under the impression that AEV made their own??? So whats the verdict?
I don't think so... But keep in mind that many of these mfg's use 3rd party fabrication to make the components of their lifts. And if they are made to their spec's, what does it matter?

·
Super Moderator
23,754 Posts
Nth degree or at least it used to be.

·
Registered
279 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I had superlift on my silverado and it was the worst setup I've ever had, I doubt AEV dos.
I've heard negative and positive things about Superlift, not sure if I would used them but if a manufacturer is going to be buying other manufacturers parts, etc then rebrand them and chager 2x as much then that's a issue. But I don't think that's the case with AEV

·
Registered
279 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I don't think so... But keep in mind that many of these mfg's use 3rd party fabrication to make the components of their lifts. And if they are made to their spec's, what does it matter?

I understand what you're saying but again, to say that they make their parts while someone else does then that's not good for business, but I get your point... Thanks

·
Premium Member
16,902 Posts
Hard to tell these days, In my conversations with AEV. They design alot of their stuff and then it gets "Made" at another facility. That is not unusual, why do a build out with brick and mortar, machines and staff when a guy up the road already has the stuff and the expertise. They stand around a table with some donuts and coffee, lots of ass scratching and head nodding and the sh!t gets built. Who cares?
The AEV bumpers and the HR bumpers, The AEV hoods and the powerdome hoods - ALL get built at common facilities, does that make one better or worse?
It's about the design and then the execution. If Both work out..... the outcome does too.
Whatever.

·
Super Moderator
16,381 Posts
I understand what you're saying but again, to say that they make their parts while someone else does then that's not good for business, but I get your point... Thanks
I'm not sure why it wouldn't be good for business... Not everyone has a spring coiler, as they would not be profitable at the volume being produced for our Jeeps...

Betts Spring for example... They make springs for many of the lift manufacturers, all made to the manufacturers specifications.

Custom Spring Manufacturers | Coil Springs, Leaf Springs, Wire Forms - Betts Spring Manufacturing

1 - 10 of 10 Posts