Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was pretty much sold on a AEV Dualsport 2.5" lift kit and AEV Pintler wheels running DuraTract 315's. Ideally I think that I want a little more lift but for about $1050 with the bracket adjuster for the control arms and moderate offroading it seems like a good deal and from everything I have read it should handle great on road. I have read mixed comments about being able to run 35" tires with their wheels on their on their forum and other sites. I also read on their site that I could run my factory wheels. Something that I would not be able to do with most lifts. So I emailed AEV with my exact year and model (2007 JKUR) and asked about being able to run DuraTracs with my stock wheels and also there Pintler Wheels. The response that I recieved back said nothing about my factory wheels but said that Duratracs are wider than most other wheels of that height and that I should post my question on their forum site for an answer from AEV kit and wheel owners! Overall they seem like a good company and build their parts in MI. I am a lifelong MI resident so that is a nice bonus but emailg a company with my exact make model and year of my vehicle and specifying their wheels and lift along with an exact tire. I expected more than being told that they didn't know and to "post the question on their forum." For $2000 plus between their lift and wheels it seems like they would know rather or not it would work. Especially when they claim that you can even run stock wheels with less bs. I still may get the lift but I couldn't believe a company directing me to post a straightforward tech question about their product on the customer forum. I am leaning back towards the OME long travel kit also sold by Northridge 4x4. Inpart because it includes extended brake lines and also track bars. Any imput on both kits and actual height gains with stock bumpers would be greatly appreciated.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts