Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
257 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have everything ordered for my new beast (2013 CG JKUR) EXCEPT MY WHEELS!!

I'm really partial to the AEV Pintlers, especially the beadlock version (also like the Savegres) but I'm really worried about the backspacing with my Rock Krawler 3.5 Max Travel.

I will be running 35's first, then 37's.

Does anyone know if I can make this setup work without wheel spacers???

·
Registered
1,828 Posts
I have everything ordered for my new beast (2013 CG JKUR) EXCEPT MY WHEELS!!

I'm really partial to the AEV Pintlers, especially the beadlock version (also like the Savegres) but I'm really worried about the backspacing with my Rock Krawler 3.5 Max Travel.

I will be running 35's first, then 37's.

Does anyone know if I can make this setup work without wheel spacers???
Get wheels with 4 1/2" or less backspacing, and you wiil be ok. With 37's you will probly have to adjust steering stops.

·
Registered
588 Posts
AEV wheels a perfectly backspaced, 37's work fine. My buddy has run them for years, I just bought wheels with the same backspacing as the AEV's and they're perfect. Only possible issue would be the RC, lower arms...are they bent different than the stock arms.

·
Registered
68 Posts
Go for the Pintlers with Beadlock! I say this because those are what I want to put on my Commando Jeep and I would like to see a pic first :D The only thing I am still undecided is to go with the 2.5 or 3.5 Rock Krawler lift.

·
Registered
257 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
JEEPDON said:
Get wheels with 4 1/2" or less backspacing, and you wiil be ok. With 37's you will probly have to adjust steering stops.
dwindeck said:
AEV wheels a perfectly backspaced, 37's work fine. My buddy has run them for years, I just bought wheels with the same backspacing as the AEV's and they're perfect. Only possible issue would be the RC, lower arms...are they bent different than the stock arms.
AEV's website says 5.2, which I've heard is too much, but AEV (like dwindeck) says that they are perfect for the JK. Does anyone have first hand experience? Dwindeck, is your buddy on here or do you have a pic of his setup?

·
Registered
937 Posts
RattleDogUSA said:
AEV's website says 5.2, which I've heard is too much, but AEV (like dwindeck) says that they are perfect for the JK. Does anyone have first hand experience? Dwindeck, is your buddy on here or do you have a pic of his setup?
The same wheel is shown in the Mopar catalog at every Jeep dealer... I think it fits right.

·
Registered
1,828 Posts
With that much back spacing, 37's WILL rub big time at full turn. If you still have the plastic air dam, pull that off and shit can it. Then you will have to adjust your steering stops out quite a ways to keep 37's from rubbing the frame. And if you plan on wheeling hard completely remove sway bar or you could wind up ripping a sidewall out of an expensive tire.
All this is just my .02 cents worth.

·
Registered
91 Posts
I have the AEV Pintler Beadlocks and the fit is spot on. I run a Tera Flex 2.5" lift with 35" tires. No experience with 37's yet, but as for the back spacing issue these rims are made specifically for Jeeps.

Land vehicle Vehicle Car Automotive tire Tire

·
Registered
257 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Sunburn said:
I have the AEV Pintler Beadlocks and the fit is spot on. I run a Tera Flex 2.5" lift with 35" tires. No experience with 37's yet, but as for the back spacing issue these rims are made specifically for Jeeps.
AWESOME!! Exactly what I was looking for!

This is good info since I'll be running 35's for a while. How much clearance is there at full lock?

·
Registered
91 Posts
At 95% lock all was perfect, at full lock I had a slight rubbing issue with the plastic air dam / skid (Not exactly sure what it's called). I trimmed about an inch off of it and all was good with no rubbing!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.