Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I see a lot of recommendations here for the AEV procal when switching to larger tires and wanted to ask a few questions.
I know I can adjust the speedo and TPMS sensors to match the 33" duratracs with the procal, and everyone mentions changing the shift points. With the manual the shift points of course don't apply. Does it change anything with the ABS or stability control/BLD?

I can get my dealer to flash the jeep for the 32" rubicon wheels and tires and my 33" duratracs only measure 31.5" so the speedo should be very close.
I can't see paying $170 for the procal just to turn off the TPMS light unless I'm missing something..
Any other benefits of the procal for a manual with 33" duratracs and a leveling kit?

·
Registered
585 Posts
I suggest you to first get the new tires, download a good speedometer app and compare speed reading on the jeep vs the app. Do it at 30, 40, 60, 70 mph.

Then you can decide if adjustment is needed. Procal allows for ¼" adjustments and for example the rubicon hr bf tires are less than ¼ " different from the duratrac 285/70/17 so no need to adjust anything and actually speedometer reads exactly the same.

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
@Hadoken btw, my previous license plate was "HADQKEN". Street Fighter fan.
That's pretty awesome.
I've always liked Street Fighter and the Marvel vs Capcom series - but oddly enough I've used this name for the last 10+ years because of my love of good Italian food.
One of my favorite hometown restaurants as a kid had a SFII:CE arcade cabinet in the corner beside my regular table. I never played that particular one very much, but the demo loop ran non-stop and this got burned into my head (skip to 4:02): http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2UbxjbOTe_U#t=4m02s
I always wondered why Capcom chose that as part of the demo loop...

·
Registered
129 Posts
I see a lot of recommendations here for the AEV procal when switching to larger tires and wanted to ask a few questions.
I know I can adjust the speedo and TPMS sensors to match the 33" duratracs with the procal, and everyone mentions changing the shift points. With the manual the shift points of course don't apply. Does it change anything with the ABS or stability control/BLD?

I can get my dealer to flash the jeep for the 32" rubicon wheels and tires and my 33" duratracs only measure 31.5" so the speedo should be very close.
I can't see paying $170 for the procal just to turn off the TPMS light unless I'm missing something..
Any other benefits of the procal for a manual with 33" duratracs and a leveling kit?
Does the procal changing shift points on auto?

·
Registered
688 Posts
Make sure you follow the directions with the pro-cal and measure your tires, don't trust what the manufacture says. General says my 305/70/16's are 32.8 but when installed and aired to 35 lbs. they actually measure 32.25. That 1/2 in makes a big difference when inputting into pro-cal.

·
Most Interesting
750 Posts
I run 3.73 gearing with auto transmission and noticed a huge improvement when updating the JKU with the ProCal after adding my 285 70 17 Duratracs.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts