Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
426 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just received my Procal and was wondering how much of a difference it made for other Jeepers as far as milage.

I bought my bone stock JKU Sport back in January and it had the stock 29" tires on it with 16" stock steel rims. I had the dealership change them out for a set of the Stock 32" tires with the aluminum alloy rims. After driving it for a few months I started to notice my milage was only about 16mpg. I have the 3.21 gearing and was expecting a little better than that. (Wife says I drive like an old lady) I also noticed when I was driving through school zones with the radar sign, that I was going at least 5-10 mph faster than my speedometer was reading. I don't think the dealership reprogrammed my Jeep. I also read they usually won't, expecially while it's under the 5 year manufacturers warranty.

I plugged in the procal, set up the tire size and gearing, now it's reading 20 mpg on the hwy. If that's correct it added another 100 miles per tank of gas. That's alot more trail. :)

·
Registered
221 Posts
You were getting the same MPG's regardless. I calculate mine the old fashioned way still...

·
Registered
1,043 Posts
:rofl::rofl::popcorn:

·
Registered
325 Posts
don't trust the computer, calculate mpg yourself. I do that every fill up, it's an easy quick way to tell if you have issues starting to develop.

my superchips flashpaq also has the ability to change tire size to correct the speedo.

·
Registered
426 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I usually do, but the speedometer was wrong making the odometer off, so the calculations were off too. I was going about 5-10 miles per hour faster than my speedometer was saying. A 3.6L engine with 3.21 gearing and stock 32's should be getting better than 16mpg on the hwy. So I used the procal and now it's up to 18.5mpg on the computer. Have to wait for a fill up before I calculate manually.

Best part is the shift points in the transmission are a hell of alot smoother now.

The funny part is here in CA if you are driving 65mph on the interstate, someone will drive up your ass. (everyone usually does 75-80mph) I thought I was going 65 but I was keeping up with traffic. Now when I go 65mph on the interstate people pass me.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts