Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Did a search but didn't find anything. Does anyone know if a AEV procal can be used in conjunction with another tuner like bullydog or superchips etc? When I bought my jeep it already had a procal on it but I'm wanting to put tuner for more power. Can I use both or would the procal need to be removed from vehicle?

·
Banned
739 Posts
Did a search but didn't find anything. Does anyone know if a AEV procal can be used in conjunction with another tuner like bullydog or superchips etc? When I bought my jeep it already had a procal on it but I'm wanting to put tuner for more power. Can I use both or would the procal need to be removed from vehicle?
I don't know why you would want to do that a superchips flashpaq can do everything a procal can do and some. I'd remove the procal tuner, put it back to stock and sell it. The get s superchips flashpaq.

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Can it activate daytime running lights and one click lane changes? That's a couple features I would like to keep.

·
OVRLNDR
1,803 Posts
To answer your questions. Yes. I have a '13 Unlimited and already had the ProCal in the Jeep. I now have a SuperChips TrailDash 1 for other things. With that said. The TrailDash does everything that I was using the ProCal for and more. However, if you ever decided that you wanted your fogs to stay on with either low or hig beams you will need the new TrailDash2 or the new FlashCal. Just an FYI.

·
Banned
739 Posts
Can it activate daytime running lights and one click lane changes? That's a couple features I would like to keep.
Yes it can do everything the procal can do. Just get the newest flashpaq or traildash 2 and set that procal back to stock and sell it. You can get $100 for it on craigslist maybe more.

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
How do you set it back to stock? I can't find any info on restore function on their website.

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Isn't there a dip switch setting to completely return every parameter back to stock at one time?

·
Banned
739 Posts
I have never used the procal but on the superchips you can reset everything back to stock, plug it in a computer or laptop and it will tell you if its still vin locked or not. I'll ask my buddy, he has used the procal before.

·
Registered
585 Posts
For some reason aev does not make the reset instruction easy to find and is not included in the instruction manual (insert your own conspiracy theory here) i read at the jk-forum that the setting for reset is switches 1,2,3 down and the rest up, but please get confirmation from someone else that have actually done it before trying it. I do not want you to screw up something. If it works or if you find right setting it would be useful to share it here for future request from fellow wf members. Good luck

·
Registered
818 Posts
VIN Release option will return everything back to stock and release the VIN so the unit could be used with a different jeep.

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Not too worried about it now. Talked to AEV today and they said it can be used in conjunction with another tuner. I ordered a bullydog and I think it can do daytime running lights but not one click lane changes so I'll just keep the procal and stack the bullydog.

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
I installed the Bullydog today and everything works fine.

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Good to hear. Does the bullydog allow you to have fogs on all beams?
I think so but haven't played around with it much. May mess with it later today.

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
1 - 20 of 21 Posts