Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just used the AEV Pro Cal Module today. All I programmed so far was the tire size after going with the 35's to adjust the shift points. Made a world of difference for highway driving. It now shifts a lot like it did with the smaller tires, and does not shift out of overdrive prematurely on the hills. A worthwhile investment IMHO. I'm going to playwith some of theother changes as I go.

·
Premium Member
12,478 Posts
Just used the AEV Pro Cal Module today. All I programmed so far was the tire size after going with the 35's to adjust the shift points. Made a world of difference for highway driving. It now shifts a lot like it did with the smaller tires, and does not shift out of overdrive prematurely on the hills. A worthwhile investment IMHO. I'm going to playwith some of theother changes as I go.
Money well spent, IMHO. :thumb:

Especially when it comes to shift points, recalibrating your speedometer and adjusting the TPMS sensitivity (or disabling them altogether.)

Did you check your PSI after you got the 35's put on? Tire shops routinely overinflate 4x4 tires...they often follow the door placard, which is obsolete with the new tires.

Depending on your tire, you should be around 30 PSI. To get it right on, use the chalk test.

·
Registered
9,914 Posts
:whistling: I guess they've changed the AEVPM--

When I used mine, changing the autos shift points had almos "O" effect on the shifting--untill I regeared-

Things are changing so fast !

:dance::rofl: JIMBO

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Did you check your PSI after you got the 35's put on? Tire shops routinely overinflate 4x4 tires...they often follow the door placard, which is obsolete with the new tires.

Depending on your tire, you should be around 30 PSI. To get it right on, use the chalk test.
Good point ..... Yes I did. In fact after I found the right pressure to get good wear, mine ended up at 32psi, I measured the tire height under the weight of the vehicle like AEV recommends and went with that diameter for the programming. I thought I might have trouble with my TPMS sensors, but never did. I had one on the front show low pressure right out of the tire shop, but it went away in the first couple of blocks.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts