Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all

Just finished installing the AEV rear slider on my '14 JK. It took a little longer than I had anticipated to get the fit right, but I think I've got it.

Is there anything specific I should look for in case I messed up? It's on there good and tight and I drove around a little just to make sure i didn't hear anything that didn't sound right.

Sorry if that's basic, but i'm not the most mechanically inclined.

Thanks a lot

·
Registered
627 Posts
Nice, have you tested it yet:D

·
Registered
4,110 Posts
Looks fine. Here is mine- slightly more used than yours. Tough stuff. I need a new pic with the shiny new driveshaft.
Just got a gas tank skid too. Gonna re-name my Jeep "Tank". Then I can be Tank Girl. LOL.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks for the responses. Have not tried it yet, but hopefully this weekend.

It's definitely pretty beefy - heavier than I was anticipating too. As long as it does its job!

·
Registered
4,110 Posts
It'll do the job- no doubt. One piece of equipment I don't question. And I have a tendency to, ah, use mine. Everyone in the pic is staring because I am turtled. Other components were damaged but the skid and shaft were just fine.
Good excuse for a front locker.

·
Registered
1,564 Posts
Here is mine ...
Just got a gas tank skid too.
FYI - You will probably need to trim the diff slider to clear the gas tank skid. Mine even hit the factory gas tank skid and had to be trimmed. It also needed to be trimmed to clear my evap canister skid.

·
Registered
4,110 Posts
FYI - You will probably need to trim the diff slider to clear the gas tank skid. Mine even hit the factory gas tank skid and had to be trimmed. It also needed to be trimmed to clear my evap canister skid.
Good point. We ordered the same one a buddy has- he has the same skids we do so crossing my fingers it will work. Of course every Jeep is built exactly the same so there shouldn't be any problems. :lmao:

·
Registered
1,564 Posts
One other thing - check your parking brake cables. Mine slightly rub on the slider. The foam padding on the outside of the cables is worn quite a bit. I put pieces of heater hose over them, but that wore through rapidly. I'm going to try to smooth the corners where they are rubbing and add some better protection.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts