Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
233 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm working on installing the 3.5" AEV lift It includes shock doubler brackets to move the shocks outboard on the front axle. On the driver side no problem, everything bolts up as it should. On the passenger side, the factory bracket on my axle is missing a hole. I actually have a JK Dana 44 in my basement, I checked that one - its also missing the hole on the passenger side. Anyone else have this issue? I guess I need to drill a hole, but I'm surprised the instructions don't mention this?

·
Super Moderator
23,450 Posts
yes you just drill a hole. I have done several and off the top of my head I can not remember if any were already drilled or not.

·
Super Moderator
23,450 Posts
yes you need a spacer there.

·
Super Moderator
23,450 Posts
They do been in every one I have done. Look in the
hardware package

·
Registered
233 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Huh, I didn't get any, not even listed on the sticker for the hardware package bag. I tried some spare electrical conduit today, but it wasn't strong enough, it crushed when I tried to torque it. I may go to the hardware store tomorrow to see if I can find something suitable.

·
Super Moderator
23,450 Posts
Huh, I didn't get any, not even listed on the sticker for the hardware package bag. I tried some spare electrical conduit today, but it wasn't strong enough, it crushed when I tried to torque it. I may go to the hardware store tomorrow to see if I can find something suitable.
probably too late but call AEV they will get them to you. Easy enough to make tho.

·
Registered
5,518 Posts
My kit had the spacers as well but it didnt instal the doubler brackets. I left the shocks in stock position.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Super Moderator
5,739 Posts
I also had the AEV kit, as part of their drag link flip as I recall. It included hardware. And in the hardware were spacers for the bracket. Like others, I did not install the shock mounts, just left the shocks at the stock mount locations.
It seems easy enough to contact AEV and have them send you the hardware. You will also need longer shock mount bolts.
If you want to make spacers, you could probably find something to make them out of but obviously it would need to be something pretty stout with a thick wall. Easier to get them to send you a set.
Curious how you ended up with a set that did not include the spacers.

·
Registered
233 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I did get in touch with AEV, they said they'd send me some spacers. I did get the brackets, longer bolts etc, just no spacers. Hope they get here this week, waiting for those and the Teraflex tie rod to finish the install.

·
Super Moderator
5,739 Posts
I did get in touch with AEV, they said they'd send me some spacers. I did get the brackets, longer bolts etc, just no spacers. Hope they get here this week, waiting for those and the Teraflex tie rod to finish the install.
As I recall, my spacers were in the same bag as the longer bolts, nuts, and washers.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts