Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've been looking for any information online if the AEV 2nd Generation Snorkel will fit a 2012 JKU with huge KC lights in front of the windshield and a roof rack. Even a pro at a local 4x4 shop didn't know. Well, now I do. It fits.

I bought it (from Quadratec) and installed it with just a borrowed drill, a Dremel, and a rivet gun. Pretty straightforward, though instructions mistakenly referred to my 2012 model as 3.8 (it is 3.6). Nice knowing that I also saved $400 on the installation quote. I am not a mechanical maven, so trust me when I say, you can do it yourself.

Attachments

·
Registered
411 Posts
I've been looking for any information online if the AEV 2nd Generation Snorkel will fit a 2012 JKU with huge KC lights in front of the windshield and a roof rack. Even a pro at a local 4x4 shop didn't know. Well, now I do. It fits.

I bought it (from Quadratec) and installed it with just a borrowed drill, a Dremel, and a rivet gun. Pretty straightforward, though instructions mistakenly referred to my 2012 model as 3.8 (it is 3.6). Nice knowing that I also saved $400 on the installation quote. I am not a mechanical maven, so trust me when I say, you can do it yourself.
Looks sharp! You are ready for the Monsoons now, :)

Do you notice any performance increase with the snorkel?

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Looks sharp! You are ready for the Monsoons now, :)

Do you notice any performance increase with the snorkel?

Thanks! Yeah, I don't think I notice much difference besides the more aggressive look. I have a chip that I use for performance manipulation, but even with it, my gas mileage is pretty bad, but I knew that'd happen. Stock JKU gave me about 18mpg average, now I can't break the 14mpg mark and usually somewhere around 13.5.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts