Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
160 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Need some solid advice. For the time being, I'm going with a leveling kit versus a full lift (which I'll do down the road). So which kit do you prefer and why?

This: Teraflex Wrangler Leveling Kit 1155200 (07-17 Wrangler JK) - Free Shipping
or
This: American Expedition Vehicles - Brute Kit, V8 HEMI, Aftermarket Jeep Conversions, Products, Wheels, Accessories and Highline Kits for Jeeps (TJ, JK, WK, XK).

At this time I do 10% off-road 90% on road. I have the Stock Rubi Wheels and Tires on an otherwise stock JKU. I will be putting on Barricade F & R Bumpers.

Thanks for your help look forward to your opinions.

Matt N.

·
Registered
581 Posts
I agree--go TF that way you can swap the links and get the right angles on those sway bars. It's par for the course, as far as spacer lifts go.

·
Registered
868 Posts
Well,
You can look at it "money wise". In both kits, you're receiving what's needed to "level" the jeep" and sort of, lift it some. But, that's as far as it goes in terms of what else is included with either kit. With the TF, the only other item(s) you receive are two sway bar extensions. And, that kit is $162.00.

With the AEV kit, you DON'T get the sway bar extensions but, you DO get, (4) bump stop extension pieces, (2) shock extensions and (2) brake line lowering components)

I went with the T/F kit when I recently did our 2015 JKUR and, it's been working flawlessly. To me, based on all the parameters that the Jeeps suspension cycles through, which is very close to bone stock, the brake lines have not and do not get over-extended when playing in the outback. It was nice to retain the sway bar arms in a level position with those extensions from T/F.

In my opinion, for whatever it's worth, the T/F kit, at over $120 less, did the job of a leveling kit, quite nicely. If you look at the R/E kit (Rubicon Express), they supply even other items and don't supply items you may or may not want. So, based on price and, the actual position the Jeep rides at and or will be at in the average off road set of conditions, to me, the T/F kit was and is, providing what we needed.
Scott

·
Super Moderator
4,564 Posts
I also like that, from what I have heard, the TF Leveling Kit allows you to go any combo of 1" or 2" in front and 1" in the rear.
The links are nice but I want quick disconnects.

·
Super Moderator
21,973 Posts
I have installed no less than 8 2" aev kits and they work well for what they are. Quality spacers and easy to install. They include some items other BB don't. Only negative for me is the front swaybar link brackets. I recommend just getting some adj quick disconnects or finding a set or rear take offs

·
Registered
160 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks for all your advice. After taking all your input and talking with some guys at XT, I have ordered my Terraflex leveling kit. I think for me it's going to be the best bet knowing that I'll be lifting soon. Thanks so much for all your advice. Pics coming this weekend.

·
Registered
160 Posts
Discussion Starter #9

Went with the Terraflex leveling kit.
Installed grab bars.
Then tried plastic dipping emblem and badge. (Plastic dip sucks)
Lesson learned.
But the emblem looks good enough.

Really happy with the new stance.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
Registered
160 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
You can buy black badges on eBay cheap...
Thanks for the pro tip. Actually the Side Emblem "Trail Rated" Is holding up nicely. So I'm going to keep that one.

I already ordered the Jeep Altitude Blacked out Front Emblem.
Just like the look of the blacked out emblems better. Chrome is a sin.

Thanks!

·
Registered
118 Posts
Blacked out emblems look great! I've used Plasti dip on my rims and they came out great and are holding up. Lift looks great as well.

·
Registered
160 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Blacked out emblems look great! I've used Plasti dip on my rims and they came out great and are holding up. Lift looks great as well.
Thanks. I'm really happy with it for now. Gotta get it paid off before I go bigger. It's my first real upgrade so I'm pretty pumped.

Glad to hear you had better luck with plasti dip. I love the badge... but the emblem I tried a few times... I watched enough youtube videos to be certified in Plasti Dip. But still couldn't get it to look the way I wanted.

See ya around!

·
Registered
160 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
I had black on my white Rubicon but my 75th came with these weird bronze ones so I'm just leaving them... I like the '1941' badges.
I've seen them. Someone in my neighborhood has a stock one. I like it. They looks sleek modern and very clean. Thanks for the input guys!

1 - 17 of 17 Posts