Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2004 Wrangler and I am looking to put on some 35's, eventually that is. I love the AEV conversion and was wondering how they do all that? From what I have been told they do the least amount of lift and cut the fender wells? I was told that is how they get the max clearance with 36's. Is this possible? Cut the wells, 2-4in susp lift and 2in body lift, then fitting 36's?

If you could also paste your response into an e-mail to [email protected]

·
I got nothin'
1,901 Posts
With a 4" suspension lift and a 2" body lift, you don't have to trim the fenders to clear 36's in most cases...

·
Registered
3,260 Posts
I have seen a Unlimited rub fenders with a 4" suspension lift, and a 2" body lift, running 33" tires.......guess you could install a uptravel stop to prevent that. I don't think it would be wise to run more than 35" tires under these conditions. If I were to do it all over again, I would install a 6" long arm lift, raise the body 1" so that I could do a tummy tuck, and run 36" tires. That would be the cats meow. But alas, I have to calm myself and realize that our Rubi is also a daily driver. It would not fair so well on the highways without paying a hefty fuel bill. Purhaps that is why I have vented by building a stretched out YJ on steroids. A serious trail rig. One that will be in 4 low more often than 4 hi. It sure is hard to have the best of both worlds, on road, off road. So the only cure is to have one for each.......lol

1 - 3 of 3 Posts