Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,197 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just installed AFE Hi Tuck muffler yesterday. Wow! What a difference. Cannot see the muffler or exhaust pipe at all. Awesome sound, so much better than stock and not too overwhelming. Puuurrrfect.

Also, I definitely notice a bit more torque and HP. Manufacturer states 13 more HP and 15 ft pounds more of torque. Now I have no idea if one is actually getting that, but I do notice a bit more power, better acceleration and more torque. It is definitely there. And did I mention the sound? Not too loud like some of these ******* catbacks I see on trucks. But the stock muffler is kind of whiney, with the AFE gives a nice low hum, no crackling either.

$375 very well spent. Took friend and I only a little over an hour to install. Simple DYI install. Only hard part was getting the passenger side muffler isolation point off. Only tools you need is a pair of channel lock pliers, and a 15mm long socket with wrench.

A much needed improvement.

·
Registered
8,929 Posts

·
Super Moderator
16,383 Posts
I don't know about all that HP and torque, but I'll take hiding the muffler and keeping it out of harms way every day... Plus the tone is nice.

·
Premium Member
9,593 Posts

·
Registered
194 Posts
Just installed AFE Hi Tuck muffler But the stock muffler is kind of whiney, with the AFE gives a nice low hum, no crackling either.
$375 very well spent.

^^^ I'm intrigued with this muffler. Is it a catback or axle back? Do you have a link? Do they fit 2 doors? Do they come in standard (non-high tuck) fitment?

You provided a great description of the sound of the stock exhaust. It has to go.

TIA, bb

·
Registered
1,197 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Just installed AFE Hi Tuck muffler But the stock muffler is kind of whiney, with the AFE gives a nice low hum, no crackling either.
$375 very well spent.

^^^ I'm intrigued with this muffler. Is it a catback or axle back? Do you have a link? Do they fit 2 doors? Do they come in standard (non-high tuck) fitment?

You provided a great description of the sound of the stock exhaust. It has to go.

TIA, bb
This is the one I installed. Week later and still very impressed.

https://www.quadratec.com/products/17121_0109.htm

1 - 10 of 10 Posts