Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
178 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just arrived can't wait to have some time to get this in!!

Attachments

·
Registered
1,373 Posts
I had this installed, it sounded glorious! So much so I had to remove it because I was getting 12mpg due to all my lead footing to hear the nice throatyness it added to my acceleration. I also have their exhaust installed I love how tucked in it is.

Be careful installing the screw that holds the airbox in place mine stripped right through I ended up just recycling the factory bolt as it is plenty long and has a nice wide head.

·
normalità controindicato
308 Posts
Their claim of 16HP and 24 ft. lbs torque increase seems a little optimistic. Do you know of any links to dynos on that?

·
Registered
178 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Their claim of 16HP and 24 ft. lbs torque increase seems a little optimistic. Do you know of any links to dynos on that?
Everyone's numbers are always optimistic. I think they have dyno stats on their site

·
Premium Member
473 Posts
I have their exhaust/headers/y-pipe, and got similar intake that you got.

Let us know what you think when you get it installed.

·
Registered
729 Posts
They should offer fuel cards with these style intakes, first 2 weeks your driving around foot to the floor lol.

Just be cautious with hiflow filters, their high flow because they dont filter as much. If you run in dusty conditions, get a dust boot for the filter. I ran a hi flow on my truck going back and forth on gravel roads and the amount of dirt in my intake and throttle body was scary as hell.
And yes, I know how to oil filters. Raced Motocross for years

·
normalità controindicato
308 Posts
AFE make dry and oiled air filters. Does that intake use only their dry filter?

·
Registered
729 Posts
AFE make dry and oiled air filters. Does that intake use only their dry filter?
Even with the dry filter Id still run a boot. Companies started making dry filters because of over oiling issues. Some have it in their minds more the better, but in Mass Air Flow systems like Ford and Chevy use, the MAF sensor is often right behind the filter. Over oiling can cause oil to be drawn through the filter and get onto the sensor making it read improperly. Most of the time, the sensor would go so far out of range the ECU would go into the cold loop start cycle/ run rich but there has been cases the sensor was reading enough and caused lean conditions leading to preignition/detonation.
Lucky for use Mopar drivers, Chrysler still likes the speed density systems so there in no MAF sensor to get dirty in over oiling cases :thumb:

·
normalità controindicato
308 Posts
Even with the dry filter Id still run a boot. Companies started making dry filters because of over oiling issues. Some have it in their minds more the better, but in Mass Air Flow systems like Ford and Chevy use, the MAF sensor is often right behind the filter. Over oiling can cause oil to be drawn through the filter and get onto the sensor making it read improperly. Most of the time, the sensor would go so far out of range the ECU would go into the cold loop start cycle/ run rich but there has been cases the sensor was reading enough and caused lean conditions leading to preignition/detonation.
Lucky for use Mopar drivers, Chrysler still likes the speed density systems so there in no MAF sensor to get dirty in over oiling cases :thumb:
Very interesting. Thanks for posting that. I have a dry AFE in one of my cars that has MAF sensors. It rarely sees dusty conditions and thus has been a good filter for that car.

·
Registered
178 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Living on the beach I think I'll get a boot from all the advice

·
Registered
178 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
AFE Power installed

Attachments

·
Registered
178 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
That's it? That's all we get? How does it run? How does it feel? C'mon man, give us some details! :bop:
Well, I took it around the block and it sounds amazing! I really don't have more than that at this point, but once I do I'll post some results.

·
Registered
178 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Overall I can't tell you that there is a major performance increase or decrease, I could tell you when I step on the gas I have no lag, a roar and I see to get out of the hole faster or by someone quicker on the highway. Now, it could be just because I hear the noise of the engine roar or that enough air is getting through to increase horsepower.

Overall, I'm please with the mod, would I do it again, YES. It one of the first mods I do on any car/truck I buy, I always feel that the stock air intakes rob HP.

·
Registered
70 Posts
Now add the AFE Hi-Tuck mach force RB exhaust :) Link to AFE Website .

I am running both the intake and exhaust and the sound is great. I don't run them for gains, just the sound.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts