Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
521 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anybody seen these guys?

Affordable Tube Benders, tube notchers, metal fabrication welding

Have any experience with them? Looks like a good deal for a hydraulic bender for a hobbyist like me. Unless theyre garbage.

Ive read that the bend arc is a little large compared to what other benders are capable of. 7" Radius. Also it'll only do up to a 90 degree bend, but I'm not sure if thats a big deal for me.

Thanks!

·
zombie & ninja slayer
2,276 Posts
I may have to try one too

·
Registered
521 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
You go ahead, and let me know how it goes. ;)

·
Registered
521 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
If your just gonna use it for tinkering why not get a manual one that can bend tighter than 90?
For the price... I could get this, which is hydraulic, with both die's i think i'd want (for building a cage), for a few hundred less than it'd be for a pro tools or jd squared with two dies.

Thats why im considering this over the others.

However, if this one doesnt seem worth, even the cheaper price, then i'd rather spend a little more on the other more trusted brands.

·
Premium Member
1,602 Posts
I used this one to make my canoe rack...
Hydraulic Pipe & Tube Bender - 12 Ton
It's a pain in the ass, low quality, hard to work with set, but it does the job for simple projects.
I use this bender also, except it isn't a low quality pain in the ass or hard to work with, I set mine up properly to bend large pieces tightly and get very tight accurate bends from it. You have to make sure you are using the right die, you have to make sure you are using the right angle meter in the right place, you have to make sure you are using a level (and in the right place), and you have to make sure you have it mounted to a stand that allows it to move and allows room for your stock. If your smarter than the tool, you can't beat the value at $160 (with sale & coupon). I also use the HF notcher, youtube is your friend when using HF tools and your not sure how.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts