Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello!
So I have a 2000 Jeep Wrangler TJ. 4in lift, long arm, 35's. It is the perfect set up for what I do. However I would love to do a coilover on it just to get the best ride possible. Is there a way to do a coilover system without breaking the bank? I'm talking like $1500-2000 budget. Labor wouldn't be an issue. I know people who can weld and do all of it. I'm talking getting the parts and shocks. Thought I would come here to see what people say.

·
Registered
8,952 Posts
if you search long and hard for used parts you might be able to come close. whether you relocate stock bumps or upgrade to airbumps will add significant cost as well. don't forget you may need other changes like brake lines, sway bars adjustments, mount relocation, outboarding kits, etc. whether you build/fab from scrap material, or buy mounting kits, will have a big impact on price too.

then you'll need to go through a few iterations of spring rates and valving to get things dialed in perfectly, which may blow your budget....but it would be draw out over time.

·
Registered
1,808 Posts
With that budget it would be hard to pull off. My 4 coilovers cost me 1500 and that was a smoking deal. Then your looking at money for the coilover mounts. Im going to be doing ruffstuff brackets so thats about $300 for front and rear frame side mounts. Then you need to do the lower brackets which is like $100 for all corners if you use ruffstuff brackets. Then like unlimited said, you need to fine tune spring rate and valving which adds more.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts