Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of January's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
121 Posts
[Spoiler alert: True answer is "2 months to the day".] Many of you here were very helpful, and encouraging, back in August when my wife of 40+ years and I celebrated the arrival of our golden years by placing an order for our first-ever Wrangler. Now I want to come back and share with everyone a quick update on how long it took, for those who might like another data point on this. First, a photo from the first day home from the dealer (see attached). We placed the order on August 12 and the dealer called us on October 12 – exactly 2 months later – to come get it. We were given a VIN number during week #3 and notified in week #7 that it had just left the Toledo plant and was in transit to our dealer in Jacksonville NC. After that, it took a little more than a week to arrive. Our model was a Sahara, with the Altitude package, the ecoDiesel engine, and both safety groups (I mention the safety groups because they probably involve a few additional microchips – possibly a relevant factor in this microchip shortage). The dealer had cautioned us to expect the end-to-end time to be between 2 months and 3 months so we were thrilled to get the call at the low end of the range (when does that EVER happen?!?). One interesting caveat – we had ordered the Mopar weatherproof floor liners but they were not installed – that was the one shortage that impacted us! – the dealer has the mats on order and will install them once they arrive. Thanks again. We love our Wrangler and are happy to be bona fide members of this community now. View attachment 4525362 View attachment 4525362
Wow. Beautiful Jeep! I'm very happy for you both! I'm afraid my situation is not so good, as I believe I just missed the cutoff. I ordered mine on August 17, got the VIN fairly quickly, but was just told last week that the factory is now shut down and no Wranglers are being moved. Our dealer tells me they check every day but the factory isn't telling them when they will start back up and when or if we will see our jeep. Original estimate was the same (2-4 months), but now they are saying..good luck lol..
Anyway, I don't mean to rain on your parade. I am sincerely happy for you. I am at the same point in life, and my wife and I decided to buy a Jeep just because we deserve it and we're not getting any younger. :)

1 - 1 of 1 Posts