Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I had a bunch of lights flashing (sway bar, esp, battery) and when I got to my destination I turned the key back and forth 3 x to see if any code popped up or at least to clear what was going on. Then the car would not start. Battery was a little old so put a new one in and still nothing. Could be starter but still odd that after the check code process it's dead. Is there something I activated that is doing this?

·
Registered
112 Posts
When the battery goes dead on these keeps sometimes it can do odd things. All those flashing lights was either your battery shorting(king bar inside battery will break on cheapo batterieS) or going dead. I would check your fuses and make sure it did not pop one and then disconnect and clear your computer.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
When the battery goes dead on these keeps sometimes it can do odd things. All those flashing lights was either your battery shorting(king bar inside battery will break on cheapo batterieS) or going dead. I would check your fuses and make sure it did not pop one and then disconnect and clear your computer.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
I meant to reply directly to you. Will the fuses look like everyday fuses when they burn out? Like will I be able to tell just by looking at them?

·
Premium Member
1,815 Posts
I meant to reply directly to you. Will the fuses look like everyday fuses when they burn out? Like will I be able to tell just by looking at them?
Yes, it will be apparent that the fuse(s) are bad.

·
Registered
185 Posts
Hold the fuse up to some light if it isn't apparent. There is a metal part that has a curve in it going from one side to the other. Bad fuse will have a burned place that breaks that metal (basically melted the metal in half).

1 - 7 of 7 Posts