Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
156 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It's got my lift kit installed Metal Cloak 3.5 inch lift and my ESP/BAS and traction control light are on and it's applying the brakes on me and causing my steering to jump all over the place and after a few mins of driving and fighting the "jump" it just stops and the traction control light goes of an it drive like normal but the ESP/BAS Remains on..

image-3043992876.jpg

Any idea what going on also to not I did not get it aligned and my steering is off a bit the "jeep" logo is vertical when my wheels are pointing straight lol

·
Registered
219 Posts
Your steering wheel is out of center. Easy fix......make sure the wheels are straight (you'll notice the steering wheel will not be centered), get a 15mm box wrench and loosen the two nuts on the turnbuckle and twist it clockwise/counterclockwise until the steering wheel is centered.
You may have to do it a few times to get it perfect, but after you think. It's centered, tighten the nuts back up and take it for a short drive, it'll take a few minutes to sort itself out.....

·
Registered
1,338 Posts
your steering wheel is out of center. Easy fix......make sure the wheels are straight (you'll notice the steering wheel will not be centered), get a 15mm box wrench and loosen the two nuts on the turnbuckle and twist it clockwise/counterclockwise until the steering wheel is centered.
You may have to do it a few times to get it perfect, but after you think. It's centered, tighten the nuts back up and take it for a short drive, it'll take a few minutes to sort itself out.....
x2

·
Registered
26 Posts
Had the same thing happen to my new 2014 JKURX after installing a 2.5 AEV lift. Mine was a wheel speed sensor wire that was hanging low and rubbing behind the wheel as it spun. It had rubbed through the rubber insulation and shorted the wire. Maybe check the wheel speed sensor wire at each wheel for a problem. Bought a new one at the dealer for around $15 and followed a write up I found here:

http://www.jkfreaks.com/forums/showthread.php?1057-Replace-front-ABS-wheel-speed-sensor

or

http://www.jkowners.com/forum/showthread.php?t=56570

After replacing and driving about 2 blocks, all lights went off with no problems since.

Hope maybe this helps.

·
Registered
156 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Had the same thing happen to my new 2014 JKURX after installing a 2.5 AEV lift. Mine was a wheel speed sensor wire that was hanging low and rubbing behind the wheel as it spun. It had rubbed through the rubber insulation and shorted the wire. Maybe check the wheel speed sensor wire at each wheel for a problem. Bought a new one at the dealer for around $15 and followed a write up I found here: http://www.jkfreaks.com/forums/showthread.php?1057-Replace-front-ABS-wheel-speed-sensor or http://www.jkowners.com/forum/showthread.php?t=56570 After replacing and driving about 2 blocks, all lights went off with no problems since. Hope maybe this helps.
hey thanks Mitch yeah I check that I thought it was that at first but they seem to be intact and away from rubbing i'm getting it looked at tomorrow at the off Road shop near me so I can. Get it aligned and that'll probably fix the issue

·
i'm back
13,706 Posts
agreed. before you waste money getting it aligned, spend 5 minutes adjusting and centering the steering wheel yourself.

if you're unsure how to perform that, call up a jeeping buddy or two... or find a local club. good clubs are willing to help folks out.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I thought it was that at first but they seem to be intact and away from rubbing i'm getting it looked at tomorrow at the off Road shop near me so I can. Get it aligned and that'll probably fix the issue

·
Registered
156 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Update I got it aligned and wheel straightened out rides like new better than new actually no more Xmas lights and steering is flawless

image-123152305.jpg

Any one need any work done they do it all from BMW super cars to rock krawling monsters my first time going there exceptional service exceptional price ask for JT tell em mike with the steel blue jk sent ya

1 - 13 of 13 Posts