Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I had a local (and reputable) shop put a Zone 3" lift on my '09 Wrangler X 2 door. I've noticed that, on highway driving on changing surfaces as I approach or surpass 60 mph, the vehicle begins to shake quite a bit...seeming to be most noticed at the rear of the vehicle and then spreading forward. If I let up on the gas, or apply the brakes, the problem disappears...but this isn't always advisable while highway driving. Any suggestions? I am planning on a front end alignment AFTER I put on new, larger wheels and tires, but I'm uncertain as to whether this is the root of the problem.

·
Registered
327 Posts
Ball joints, track bars, unbalanced tires. Any number of things. Did the shop that did the install also sale you the lift? What components where replaced with the lift?

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
@jwann01...the shop advised on what lift to purchase. The install included new coils, shocks and stabilizers. Thanks for your reply. I suppose I'll head back to the shop and address my concern with them.

·
Super Moderator
53,758 Posts
What was included with the lift ie Control arms/track bars ?

Speed dependent vibes are usually tire balance.

The stock shafts don't usually vibrate unless there's a failure. Take a quick look underneath around the CV joints for grease splatter.

It could be a lose bolt or even the shops failure to torque the bolts on the weight of the axles.

·
Registered
9 Posts
This might be a no brainer, but check your lug nuts. A shake or shimmy could develop with speed and letting off the gas could cause it to disappear or get worse. Just a thought.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts