Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
238 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have been thinking about getting cruise control for my 2002 Sport, but I have no idea what is available, so Iam wondering if you can steer my in the right direction? Is this something that I could install myself? I have some mechanical abilities with cars, but I think I understand motorcycles better LOL! I have some time because the bank account needs to grow a little before I can buy anything else, the Viking top along with the other parts I needed for the top will take a little time to recover from, along with the seatcovers, floor mats, grab handles, grill screen, trailer hitch, spare tire cover, and a new rear tire for my motorcycle, all within about the last month! Anyway, any help will be appreciated, but I will probably avoid the "stick between the pedal and the seat" cruise control! Thanks again, Scooby

·
Registered
230 Posts
a brick and your go top speed :) j/k im interested too since i bought mine without cruise and like to travel alot (ankles get sore after about 2 hrs.)

·
Registered
1,249 Posts
You could do something like this:

Stu Offroad Did a great write-up on it.
not exactly safe for highway use.

I'm interested too. I've seen the cruise control add ons at Pep Boys, but just couldn't bring myself to do it. I don't trust it. Has anyone else ADDED cruise control? Actual cruise control, not a hand throttle. If so, how did u do it and how do you like it? Thanks in advance.

Also, has anyone added aftermarket AC to a TJ? If so I would appreciate knowing the same about that. THANKS whoever started this thread. I've been meaning to ask for a while now.:)

·
Registered
3,051 Posts
not exactly safe for highway use.

I'm interested too. I've seen the cruise control add ons at Pep Boys, but just couldn't bring myself to do it. I don't trust it. Has anyone else ADDED cruise control? Actual cruise control, not a hand throttle. If so, how did u do it and how do you like it? Thanks in advance.

Also, has anyone added aftermarket AC to a TJ? If so I would appreciate knowing the same about that. THANKS whoever started this thread. I've been meaning to ask for a while now.:)
No one said it had to be safe.... And you are correct, this is not exactly safe for hwy use, but I have a friend that uses his as cruise control.

If you are looking for a real OEM Cruise Control, Jeeps are Us has them for $210 (plus the wire harness, if you need it).

·
Registered
1,249 Posts
No one said it had to be safe.... And you are correct, this is not exactly safe for hwy use, but I have a friend that uses his as cruise control.

If you are looking for a real OEM Cruise Control, Jeeps are Us has them for $210 (plus the wire harness, if you need it).
SWEET! Thanks. And you are right, now one said it had to be safe. ;)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts