Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
732 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So
If I have a brand new JK and I put in an after market exhaust

1- Does it void the W..
2- Will it throw a code
3- Will it ruin anything

thanks

Now you experts do your stuff

P Scott

·
Registered
2,370 Posts
For a cat-back exhaust, no on all counts assuming it's properly installed. I've had exhausts on every vehicle I've ever owned and not once has the exhaust been an issue with dealerships.

·
Registered
1,181 Posts
I had the dealership install my Gibson Exhaust as part of dealer prep. They obviously don't warrant the aftermarket part, but they still warrant the rest of the stock exhaust system.

·
Registered
1,559 Posts
I have an AFE cat back.

Warranty is always in question and people that are stating no impact as a fact are misleading. It is an aftermarket modification, if a warranty claim can be denied for something you did, then it will in some cases and won't in others. There is very little that could be impacted, but a bad install or fuel mixture that causes an issue etc are possible. ANY aftermarket part installed by ANY shop can impact your warranty. Asking if something will affect your warranty on a forum will get you a bunch of different experiences. That is because it all depends on the relationship you have with your dealer.

Won't throw a code.
It will ruin you chances of sneaking up on something, or sneaking out to get a beer... But beyond that, it SHOULD NOT ruin anything on the jeep. See point #1...

1 - 4 of 4 Posts