Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
241 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well I took the plunge today and ordered a Rock Krawler 3.5 short arm system without shocks. I went ahead and ordered Bilstien 5100's to go with.

Anyone out there got this lift on their TJ? Mine is a 2003 Rubicon. Just wondering about tweaking this lift to prevent driveline vibs. I have not a lot of experience with suspension tuning.

I will be running a 15x8 wheel with 4.5 backspace and 33x12.5 Goodyear Duratracs.

I know some of you guys are very tech savvy. Shoot me some suggestions and problems to look for when installing a lift like this.

Thanks, Cory J

·
Mostly old school..!
12,149 Posts
Well I took the plunge today and ordered a Rock Krawler 3.5 short arm system without shocks. I went ahead and ordered Bilstien 5100's to go with.

Anyone out there got this lift on their TJ? Mine is a 2003 Rubicon. Just wondering about tweaking this lift to prevent driveline vibs. I have not a lot of experience with suspension tuning.

I will be running a 15x8 wheel with 4.5 backspace and 33x12.5 Goodyear Duratracs.

I know some of you guys are very tech savvy. Shoot me some suggestions and problems to look for when installing a lift like this.

Thanks, Cory J
4.5" is too much back space for 33 x 12.5 tires unless you're using wheel spacers. I run 4.5" backspace with 33 x 12" tires (p-metric) and mine rub at full lock which I cured with a couple of washers under the steering tops, but they also rub the tops of the spring towers when flexing on the trail. Yours will be in an additional 1/4" so they will be worse. I suggest wheels with 3.75 to 4" of back space.

You also might want to look into a double cardan drive shaft and rear upper adjustable control arms for a 3.5" lift.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts