Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of September's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Banned
539 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Personally I like to wear the mud as a badge of honor, but my parents hate it because the mud fall on the concrete in the compound

·
Registered
727 Posts
Compound? Are you part of a cult?! ;-)

IMO a clean jeep is a dirty jeep and a dirty jeep is a clean jeep. Although a dirty underside on the jeep is a jeep waiting to break, so I usually hit up a Fire Dept to use their hose or a do it urself car wash to spray off the underside.

·
Banned
539 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
lol no. I live at the end of the street so we have an extra drive way which we build a gate. Lol maybe a Jeep cult

·
Registered
401 Posts
What is this wash thing you speak of? :confused:

·
Registered
2,170 Posts
I wash mine the day after I go wheeling. I don't mind getting it dirty but leaving it dirty to look cool is just dumb. I usually end up washing it once a week, I love how shiny it is when its clean.

·
Registered
673 Posts
I wash mine the day after I go wheeling. I don't mind getting it dirty but leaving it dirty to look cool is just dumb. I usually end up washing it once a week, I love how shiny it is when its clean.
Exactly... wash and grease within 24 hours!!!!

·
Registered
1,505 Posts
I usually get back from wheeling late in the summer at least. Give it one day, two at most. Depends how lazy/busy I am.

·
Administrator
30,785 Posts
Mud on the body is okay (to each his own) but dried mud on the suspension, wheels and brakes is definitely not. If I don't feel like washing it immediately after playing in the goo, I park it over the lawn sprinkler to get the mud off the important parts.

·
Registered
312 Posts
I wash as soon as possible. The mud washes off easier when it's still wet.The mud causes premature wear on everything. While washing is the best time to notice any damage from the day.

·
Registered
1,468 Posts
Leaving mud in the undercarriage is a great way to trap moisture, and promote rust.
I always clean everything off within 24 hours.

·
Registered
710 Posts
I leave the mud on the jeep for at least 24 hours but no more than 48 hours. I always make sure I thoroughly wash it (especially the undercarriage), since mud is abrasive to metal

·
Registered
99 Posts
Try to get mine off within 48 hours. Too much moisture here in Washington. Great idea about the sprinkler used on the undercarriage!

1 - 20 of 32 Posts