Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have an 08 jk Wrangler 3.8lt and I rebuilt engine replaced everything except rockers. Ran great for 2 thou then slight knock to eventually the rocker lobe breaking. The rockers looked great before so I didn't replace chauked it up to I should have. Replaced all and ran great but before I closed it up I noticed the chamber oil feeding tube wasn't pumping oil. If it ran dry on less miles I'd understand I don't think oil is that good if it was blocked from the start. Looked for diagrams on that and came up short anyone know of one or have any ideas thanks.

·
Registered
2,312 Posts
Ooo fun, walk me through what all was done during the rebuild. As well as how you confirmed no oil flow to the heads. Pics would be awesome.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Well everything was replaced except the rockers it's got the self adjusting ones with the long tube. While engine running no oil was pumped into the chamber. Just out of the push rods. And I thought about the head gasket pushed a flex tube down the feeder tube and out the length of the head it stopped with a metal sound tick. So I was trying to find a oil flow diagram for it in case it turns a different way other than straight through to the block.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts