Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of September's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2009 Sahara and after washing her, water comes out the mirrors and door hinges the rest of the day....drives me nuts!! Anything stop this?

·
Premium Member
2,230 Posts
My 09 did that too. I don't know why but after few months it quit.

·
Registered
80 Posts
I take the air compressor to mine and blow the door hinges and everything out before I towel dry it. Helps with water running off later and leaving water spots.

·
Registered
314 Posts
I use my leaf blower to dry all the cracks and crevises on mine... then finish up with a drying towel. Neighbors thought I was little goofy at first, now I see few others in the neighborhood doing this .

·
Registered
179 Posts
i would recommend selling the jeep and buy a toyota IJS

its a jeep FFS
So just cause its a Jeep it cant be clean?

With the way these things rust I try to keep mine clean and I wash it within a day or two of every off road trip.

When I see a filthy Jeep drivin around for weeks I don't think "whoa that guy is so hardcore" i just think how that poor Jeep needs a bath.

·
Premium Member
4,954 Posts
Hey, a least it leaks out on the outside.

·
Premium Member
12,478 Posts
The post that connects the side view mirrors to the door is hollow. This allows water that enters from around the mirror to enter the post.
Some people drill holes in the bottom of the post, near the door to let the water out.

^^These, for the mirrors.

For the hinges, it's a little more complex. Only way to fix those would be to remove each hinge and put a bead of silicon on the inside of the hinge plate to seal it. You'll find that the body isn't painted beneath the plate, so if you're really anal about it you may want to rustproof/paint that, first.

Probably more trouble than it's worth...then again, it's not uncommon to see older Jeeps out there with rusted door plate hinges.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts