Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
175 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Seems like synergy makes bushings for stock control arms, is there any other companies that make bushings with more mis alignment than stock? What is the misalignment on the stock bushings? I'm trying to save money by not buying new arms all aroundm

·
Registered
614 Posts
The stock rubber bushing flexes and deflects as engineered just fine. Aftermarket stuff does not allow much additional flex (until you get into some pretty significant builds, beyond the typical weekend warrior stuff), rather reduces stresses on the mounts. For the time and frustration of swapping them out, with no significant performance gains, I would put that money towards upgraded arms as budget allows.

Take a look at flex pictures of rigs with stock arms vs aftermarket arms and you will see it's not the stock arms/joints that are limiting flex.
If you are worried about the stress, well, that's why the factory but rubber in there, to deflect and reduce such.

This all comes from an owner with all 8 control arms aftermarket. I'd be real surprised if my rig flexed worse/less with stock arms/joints. Aftermarket arms are for geometry correction necessitated by lifts... not really for added flex... sure, that is how they are marketed...

If your stock bushing are shot, then go for it, but if you are just looking for misalignment (aka flex)... there are better things to fret over.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts