Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Looking into Electric cooling fans for my 93 YJ to try and take some load off the engine and various other reasons. Anyone have any insight into they? What brands are good? What brands to avoid? How difficult is the install? Etc. any added input would be much appreciated.

·
Registered
691 Posts
I have a flexlite fan I've been running with a Derale controller in my Oldsmobile for a number of years with no issue.

installation isn't hard if you use the supplied hardware. The manufacturers usually have you zip tie the fan directly to the radiator. I usually opt to mount it in a shroud. This gets the air flow over a larger area of the radiator and gives you more effective cooling. That of course gets more technically challenging.

Summit racing is a pretty good place to look for fans, hardware, and other parts. There's a huge selection and they've been implementing a customer review and rating system.

·
Registered
408 Posts
I have the Flexlite in my YJ. It has worked great for over 12 years. No issues with it and the install was simple.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts