Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

Aftermarket Headers (2008 3.8L)

3K views 11 replies 6 participants last post by  maddog2020 
#1 ·
Hi all,

My exhaust manifold has cracked and I'm looking into new ones.

Which SHORT headers do you recommend?
Which brand?
What material?
Is it true that non-OEM headers will melt plastics inside the engine bay? I can't imagine this to be true. Would a hood cowl eliminate this likelyhood?
Do I just stay with stock headers which are like $150 for both???

Its an old jeep, and there's alot of rush on the exhaust system (frame is fine thank god). I'm going to have my mechanic take a look at the catalytic converter and see if its bad. IF it is, I may as well go for RIPP long headers.

#3 ·
Hi all,

My exhaust manifold has cracked and I'm looking into new ones.

Which SHORT headers do you recommend?

Which brand?

What material?

Is it true that non-OEM headers will melt plastics inside the engine bay? I can't imagine this to be true. Would a hood cowl eliminate this likelyhood?

Do I just stay with stock headers which are like $150 for both???

Its an old jeep, and there's alot of rush on the exhaust system (frame is fine thank god). I'm going to have my mechanic take a look at the catalytic converter and see if its bad. IF it is, I may as well go for RIPP long headers.

I think you should stick to OEM. Get the newer ones that don’t crack vs the older. You can tell the difference based on the price...:)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.