Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of September's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
It is my understanding that you can keep all of that if you get an interface. I am going to go with a top of the line Alpine with nav built in. You can add a module similar to this

Metra - Steering Wheel Control Interface - Black - ASWC

to keep the steering wheel stuff. Note, I picked that at random as an example, that may not be the right one for a Jeep and/or your head unit. There is another module to keep door chimes and interior lights to work in synch with the new Alpine head unit. Go to Bestbuy and pick one of the kid's brains working there.

·
Registered
848 Posts
Yes of course you lose it if you change the HU. You can maintain steering wheel controls with a harness but the phone buttons on the wheel are not programmable. You also lose the USB connection in the console but you will have a new one on the front or rear of the new HU. I really wanted to keep my HU and unconnect for the voice rec capability but in the end I switched to a new HU because the stock HU is just shite. The new system blows the doors off the rig. I have a long commute and I really needed something because I couldn't hear anything with the OEM system if the windows or top were down.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts