Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've done a few searches and can't seem to locate what would seem like an easy answer. I recently purchased an aftermarket Pioneer Head Unit (AVHX2700BS) and am installing it myself.

My understanding is that in a JK without the upgraded audio I need to provide the accessory power myself. My first thought is that the easiest thing for me to do is probably tap into the cigarette power to the lower left of my climate controls.

Is this the best spot so I can avoid running a power line to the fuse box under the hood?

Thanks!

·
Registered
1,228 Posts
This might help...I'm assuming you bought a PAC4 harness.
Disconnect your battery before plugging your new head unit in BTW.

Pioneer Harness >>> Pac Harness
---------------------------------------
Yellow - Connect to constant 12V supply >>> Yellow - Battery +12v
Black - Ground >>> Black - Ground
Orange/White - Connect to lighting switch terminal >>> Orange/White - Illumination Output
Red - Connect to terminal controlled by ignition switch (12VDC) >>> Accessory Output
Light Green - Parking Brake >>> Red/White - Parking Brake Output OR parking brake bypass
Blue/White - System Remote Control >>> Blue/White - Amp Turn on Input OR to aftermarket amp OR UNUSED if head unit powering speakers
Violet/White - Reverse Gear Signal Input >>> Green - Reverse Output
UNUSED Pioneer Harness Yellow/Black - Mute (used when muting of an external accessory required)
UNUSED Pac Harness Blue - Antenna on input (used for certain powered antenna applications)
UNUSED Pac Harness Purple/White - Vehicle Speed Output (Used for certain nav applications)

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Pioneer Harness >>> Pac Harness
---------------------------------------
Red - Connect to terminal controlled by ignition switch (12VDC) >>> Accessory Output

I actually have it all connected up now except for this wire. Just unsure where I should tap into.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts