Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
173 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone install a new radio into their jeeps? Wondering how hard it is. Not sure how to tell if the jeep has a stock amp, and if I need to bypass the amp. I have a 2011 wrangler sport.

·
Premium Member
2,939 Posts
It's actually very easy if you take your time and pay attention. Buy a harness adapter and it should be plug and play

·
Registered
46 Posts
I'm in the same boat but holding out for these new CarPlay systems due out later this year. Also a 2011 Sport. Just waiting to see if they will play nice with the steering wheel controls and existing USB port in my center console (deal breaker).

·
Registered
13 Posts
I'm looking to do the same, also a 2011 jk 2 door. I have already replaced the factory 6 1/2 speakers and now they don't sound very good because the factory radio doesn't push enough power to them. There is so many choices it's hard to decide what to go with

·
Registered
317 Posts
I bought mine from crutchfield and they including all the vehicle specific wiring harness, brackets and dash removal instructions for free. I also opted for a steering wheel control converter box so all that works as normal. It was very easy to do.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts