Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
244 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Yo all,

First off, just like to state that I'm loving my JK. I switched over to the TJ and was worried, but after adding a 2" lift and throwing some 35's on there with some wheel spacers, I'm grinning from ear to ear just riding down the road. In fact, I've had to curb my enthusiasm because the Jeep is so much fun to drive I'm taking any excuse I can get to drive it anywhere I can, and it's screwing up my gas budget...

Anyway, coming off of that tanget. I'd like to mount a subwoofer/amp comobo that I have in the back ( maybe on the back door, not sure ). It is a marine one, so not too worried about where I put it. However, I'm worried that the stock JK radio doesn't have the power to get the woofer going like it should. So I was looking into an aftermarket stereo, but I'm not really a fan of all the LED lights and whatnot - I really like the way my JK looks now, with the interior stock.

Does anyone know of any head units that don't draw attention to themselves, but are still solid aftermarket performers? I'd like it also because it means I could worry less about thieves getting in there, because they'd assume that it's just OEM and not worth much.....( although, stock radios now aways are getting expensive...I work at a BMW dealer and a stock radio can sometimes cost upwards of $800 :jawdrop::jawdrop: )

Thanks for any & all help!

·
Registered
317 Posts
Get an aftermarket stereo that has RCA outputs for the sub amp. You can run off of OEM, but need an adapter to get the signal from speaker wires and drop voltage for the amp. Then u can't control the sub from the dash. Aftermarket will also drastically improve your sound quality in the speakers and allow you to eventually upgrade them too.

I have always changed my vehicles to aftermarket head unit except my JK because it has the GPS. The Alpine stereo system is not up to my standards and it kills me I know I won't get good sound unless I swap the HU! If u have standard, just swap it. Get one with a removable face and lock it in the center council of you are worried about theft.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts